92 Clockwork

it would look the business to, going to get the gf up and running as a offroad machine and will be painting the forks black so would be a perfect match- have a bunch of stuff i need to sell so once the money comes in, i'll give you a shout.

Please keep it original!

I repainted my '98 slime green and wish I had not, now I cannot get the colour and have gone for silver powder.

The purple fade is uber rare. I have not seen one since I found out what girls were for and when every other Orange is in the (admittedly nice and classic) orange white fade it makes it more important to keep it.

It is only original once! ;)

NB: this is only my opinion, if you want to change it do so but please take some awesome pics and keep them on file for future reference, if not for you then for me when I get a 1" steerer Orange! :D

Sorry Sticklegs...

Here's an update with the clockwork wearing its second to last coat of pimpy white primer. The white should enhance the orange and make it just that touch brighter, which is a good thing as the RAL 2008 paint I have is just a little to tame! It doesn't glow in the dark damn it!! :twisted:

The next step after the last coat of primer is the the white bits.. Subaru metallic white is the chosen match.. I think I'm going against the grain and spraying the orange on last.

Sticklegs.. I've taken a whole bunch of photo's before I did the dirty, so PM me if you want me to email them to you! ;)

Attachments

• Primer.jpg
    Primer.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 882
Clockwork build history

Hello all,
This may help/add to what Orange were producing and when.
I have a Clockwork LX, think its a 17", sloping top tube in the classic orange pearl white fade. Bottom bracket code is A207**** indicating 1992 July. The top tube is in line with the wishbone seat stay. It has the rear canti bridge on it. It is made from Tange Infinity tubing and the sticker has a creamy coffee background unlike the blue background on the one above. It has a hook up point on the inside of the drive side seat stay to rest the chain on whilst the rear wheel is off, very neat. It has the Orange Hot Rod bars, Orange Stalk Lite stem and Orange Stick Lite seat post. The black LX set was the one after the set shown on the bike at the start of the thread, not sure of code right at this moment. I will get some pics up soon of it. I bought it new in 92, sold it in 93 to a mate and bought it back off him last year. Apart from saddle+bolt, tyres, grips and front brake its all original, including the paint which is tired!

one of my clockworks is the purple/orange fade - is that a rare colourway??

the frame is in pretty average condition so was going to get it resprayed but might do a resto on it if it is a rare one!!

my other clockwork is yellow/white fade!!!!!

Back