Blatent profiteering

manitou916":3h8uclpp said:
If someone could explain the difference between RetroBike and a cult it would be appreciated...

Whooooo. Here's a good definition of cultfor you. No plans for world domination here, just like to ride bikes and build old ones.

manitou916":3h8uclpp said:
So, it's perfectly acceptable for the RetroBike community to conspire against an eBay seller by agreeing amongst themselves who is going to bid on a item - which could lead to the seller receiving a lower price than he would have otherwise - BUT anyone trying to openly sell an item for profit on RetroBike is labelled a rip-off merchant and should be ignored?

Stongly worded stuff.
1. Think few people would disagree ebay artifically inflates prices. £ 1.5K for a 15 year alu frame?
2. If someone on here is bidding for something why get in a pointless bidding war? Although that said I along with most others would bid against another retrobike member if something was wanted badly enough.
3. Most people have no problem with people openly selling for profit or making a little cash by wheeling and dealing as long as it doesn't take the piss.

cchris2lou":1s325eig said:
None .

I wear a retrobike t shirt and pray in front of my PC surrended by bikes . :LOL:

sorry

➡️

Good lad. Maybe it is a cult after all then....

Next cult I set up will definitely involve more chicks.

ATTENTION:

FS: Pair of reasonably worn white porcs. Bought for much less hence asking price of: £300.00

....plus postage.

C'mon - be quick.

:p

manitou916":14sep0ze said:
So, it's perfectly acceptable for the RetroBike community to conspire against an eBay seller by agreeing amongst themselves who is going to bid on a item - which could lead to the seller receiving a lower price than he would have otherwise - BUT anyone trying to openly sell an item for profit on RetroBike is labelled a rip-off merchant and should be ignored?

If someone could explain the difference between RetroBike and a cult it would be appreciated...

First. I dont remember saying that was OK either.

Second. If you really think that a forum of a couple of hundred users showing a bit of respect for each other is going to make an impact on e-bay, with a worldwide customer base of millions, then you may need to think again.

Third (and I have said this before). If you buy a product from e-bay in a fair and square bidding contest, economics dictates that the price paid is the market value (all to do with the number of bidders, potential audience etc) to then try to re-sell this product with a 267% mark up is a little more than just making a profit.

Fourth. Who said there was a difference? A cult is described in my dictionary as "an interest followed with exaggerated zeal".

So dancing around some thumbshifters by moonlight while daubed with woad and howling like a baboon is normal? Thank God for that!

Or does the quality of the component that dictates whether it is a rational act or not?

Sorry Russell, not trying to take the piss out of your point (or that of other posters) just powerless to resist

ededwards":1yzrp7iz said:
So dancing around some thumbshifters by moonlight while daubed with woad and howling like a baboon is normal? Thank God for that!

Or does the quality of the component that dictates whether it is a rational act or not?

Sorry Russell, not trying to take the piss out of your point (or that of other posters) just powerless to resist

No offence taken, you should have seen the smile on my face when I got hold of some XT thumbies recently. If it wasn't so damn cold I would have been outside howling, believe me :)

I just want to make it clear that:
Using bad impulsive judgement poor knowledge of product and inept long term planning has meant that I have never..and honest Injin here....ever made any money what soever on this site or anywhere else.
Glad that is now out in the open I feel much better now.

Lid":2fe7kg5y said:
I just want to make it clear that:
Using bad impulsive judgement poor knowledge of product and inept long term planning has meant that I have never..and honest Injin here....ever made any money what soever on this site or anywhere else.
Glad that is now out in the open I feel much better now.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't make money here, just that they also shouldn't be taking advantage of people like you with your "bad impulsive judgement poor knowledge of product and inept long term planning" :LOL:

Back