Tents and camping

porkypaw":18hgo96r said:
Beware the Vango!!
BITD they were the poodles plums, not any more.
We bought a 5 berth Vango hoop tent about 4 years ago, its leaked on the seams and door zips from day one, pooling on the ground sheet, and GRP poles snap in windy conditions cutting tent fabric.
We also own a Khyam quick erect jobby that has been a good well thought out piece of kit :)

Theres only one Vango that has stood the tests of time and many a hard winter night on Cairngorm plateau and that is the Force Ten

Forget these bendy hoop gimmicks, nothing compares to it
I've got a great shot of my mark 4 sitting in the snow at the foot of Buachaille Etive Mor in a whiteout :cool:
If i ever get access to a scanner i'll post it up
faint orange tent in a completely white background :cool:

RetroTENTING - excellent :cool:

Sorry - its one of my passions :LOL:

Force Ten Mk2 LW
Force Ten Mk3 LW
Force Ten Mk3 STD
Force Ten Mk3 CN (for spares)

Force Ten Extreme Mk4 (Chinese) (to be used with care)

FFS - Didn't realise I had so many - and that doesn'y include the six+ person Diablo :shock:

Have a pic somewhere of my Mk3 CN after an avalanche some 20 years ago, must dig it out ( the pic not the tent)

Dyna-ti : you might just be interested in this link ➡️ ➡️ ➡️ ➡️ http://stovecollector.tripod.com/

Carry on Camping as they say.............

Cheers thnaks Mr P
I prefer petrol/meths stoves over these gas ones and im now regretting selling my coleman lamp and stove last year.and got one of these coleman flat things that takes a tube of gas
I wouldnt mind getting a primus one for old times sake[ex-scouty type]
or the one where the tank folds out from the side of the box a kind of self contained[cant remember the model,coleman maybe?]

I shall paroose that site at my leisure :D

Me Vango is long dead ,a large friend collapsed drunk on it, ripping through the flysheet and the inner and knackered most of the poles :evil:

If i can find a mk 3 cotton fly id prefer that over my new coleman ,which is fine but lets say the nylon material they use these days instead of cotton doesnt make for a peaceful night ,when the winds at 40 its as loud as hell :x

dyna-ti":2xopojyt said:
porkypaw":2xopojyt said:
Beware the Vango!!
BITD they were the poodles plums, not any more.
We bought a 5 berth Vango hoop tent about 4 years ago, its leaked on the seams and door zips from day one, pooling on the ground sheet, and GRP poles snap in windy conditions cutting tent fabric.
We also own a Khyam quick erect jobby that has been a good well thought out piece of kit :)

Theres only one Vango that has stood the tests of time and many a hard winter night on Cairngorm plateau and that is the Force Ten

Forget these bendy hoop gimmicks, nothing compares to it
I've got a great shot of my old mark 4 sitting in the snow at the foot of Buachaille Etive Mor in a whiteout :cool:
If i ever get access to a scanner i'll post it up
faint orange tent in a completely white background :cool:

Agreed !
It was using the force tens in the scouts that convinced me to by a Vango.

Back