Giant Peloton Superlite

Peleton.jpg

I bought Revol's frame.

Current pictures, bar tape will be changed once i have settled on the right bar/stem combination.

Mine uses a 27.0 seatpost.

kd498":3e887ba3 said:
Peleton.jpg

I bought Revol's frame.

Current pictures, bar tape will be changed once i have settled on the right bar/stem combination.

Nice set up you have.

what cassette and chain set up do you currently use?
and how does the new front fork alter the feel of the bike?

mine btw. is a 26.8 mm seatpost.

Thanks.

Current setup uses a basic Shimano HG50 9 speed 12T – 23T Cassette with KMC X9.73 9 speed chain. New Dura-Ace downtube shifters were not in the original plan, but when i found them on sale for £16........

Can't really comment on the forks. Never had anything else on the frame. I would say they are fairly neutral; compared to nothing in particular. I think the shorter stem may make a difference.

kd498":sra1fg4x said:
I bought Revol's frame.

How much does yours weight roughly?
My Superlite weights 24lbs :shock:
Not so Superlite by today's standards...

I love these bikes! Still feel very quick and responsive (except when you're going uphill).

Mine's currently in pieces though :( - Snapped the rear mech off in the spokes (whoops).

It's looking at around the 21lbs mark.

It's certainly not Superlite, but i would expect the weight makes about zero difference to me. If i ate correctly, used proper hydration techniques, then maybe the bike weight could shoulder some blame.

kd498":1m8je8yp said:

It's certainly not Superlite, but i would expect the weight makes about zero difference to me. If i ate correctly, used proper hydration techniques, then maybe the bike weight could shoulder some blame.

Haha! Good point...

Well I'm 6'2" and 155lbs, so I can blame it on the bike :D

eclix":17dtebrm said:
kd498":17dtebrm said:

Haha! Good point...

I'm 6'4' and exactly 150lbs. so we are quite the same posture. What frame
size do you have? Today I experienced that the toptube in my 63cm frame is just a bit too long. which makes me strech too much to the front and makes up for an umcomfortable ride. I could solve it by buying a triathlon seatpost but there are hard to find nowadays. Do you have any advise?

P..S I agree totally on the uphill flaws of this bike. but I live in Holland
So in don't suffer. haha

C

parfumisme":26jtxkat said:
eclix":26jtxkat said:
kd498":26jtxkat said:

Haha! Good point...

I'm 6'4' and exactly 150lbs. so we are quite the same posture. What frame
size do you have? Today I experienced that the toptube in my 63cm frame is just a bit too long. which makes me strech too much to the front and makes up for an umcomfortable ride. I could solve it by buying a triathlon seatpost but there are hard to find nowadays. Do you have any advise?

P..S I agree totally on the uphill flaws of this bike. but I live in Holland
So in don't suffer. haha

C

Oh, see I have the 58cm frame. It's very slightly on the small side, but I tend to use it in traffic a lot (central London), so it feels good being compact and nippy.

The 63 frame must be HUGE!

You could maybe try getting a different stem to bring the handlebars a bit closer and higher.
Like this one:
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/eas ... e-ec015761

The stem on mine is very long, so you do have to stretch out a long way to reach the bars.

good idea. im gonna install it soon.
63 is indeed the largest model on the market.
My next purchase will definetely be a bit smaller.
it's just nicer to be compact. I saw a 1700E madone
5.5 (61 cm) 2008 which is an absolute amazing offer.
only if...

could you post a pic of your contraption?

C

Back