Proflex 555 and Klein Q

Lysander

Comedy Genius
Feedback
View
Decent weather, so took some images (this of course does count as 'getting out with the bike', even though my bumm never touched the saddles 'cause I'm still a Big Fat Bloke!)

main.php

Proflex 555- odds and sods of scrapes to the paint over the years, but still relatively good nick, original bits bar the Bar Ends- never liked them short kind! The rear MCUs are of course as hard as Jean-Claude Van Damme after a few extra Hardness Lessons...........better screen presence as well!!
Slick Tyres, too........owing to the fact that the Klein has 700cx21- nice and nippy, but not for the extra few stone of lard I now possess (ye can feel every bit of the road, Right Up Yer Coccyx, Ye can!!)

main.php

I swear the ATF forks have slightly more travel than a Flexstem would!! Still, if you need to burn down Texan Cult Compounds, they're the thang!!

main.php

Klein Quantum 1993- yup, them are actual Sora STI units........regard them and weep!! That's the problem of old Ultegra shifters- plenty of lefthands, 'cause all the rights are buggered!! I dare say I could get the RH unit to work again (most of them would if cleaned and re-lubed), but they were also white hoods, which ceased to be Sexay about five minutes after ye first used them and they got some muck on them!!
And the Soras are actually lighter!.........ah well!!

Cheers,
Dav

The rear MCUs are of course as hard as Jean-Claude Van Damme after a few extra Hardness Lessons
SLIM might be able to sort you out with a new elastomer. He's getting me one for my Proflex 753.

Yup! I been in contact with the man himself- hopefully get the old Space Hopper Unit workin' properly again!

AND!! I figgered out using the g2Img code so the pictures actually appear!!

Cheers,
Dav

Liking the Quantum! Are those Sora units 8speed?

May put some on my Dyna Tech roadie, down tube shifters suck by comparison :evil:

Aye- Sora 8spd- they're about the only New 8 speed STI choice available, so it's Hobsons choice!. Still, they work fine, and as I said, they're lighter than the old Ultegra (early '90s Ultegra/600 STIs are about as good as 1991 RapidFires!!) ones, and hopefully a bit more durable!!

Cheers,
Dav

I'm running Sora 8-speed STI with original Dura-Ace Integrated-8 drivetrain on my Dynatech - works marvellously and Soras are dead comfy.

If you get a s/h pair try and get a recent set - the early ones don't have a trim adjustment for the front

careful tightening the seatpost nut. they've been know to break. happened to me. funny, we have the same 2 bikes. maybe we're related?

Stick Legs":11v83og5 said:
May put some on my Dyna Tech roadie, down tube shifters suck by comparison :evil:

I recently put some RSX STIs on my road bike and it was without doubt the best upgrade I have ever made to a bike.

Back