Mid 80's Peugeot Etoile & Raleigh Equipe

pirate

Dirt Disciple
Hi All

Just got my first two retro roadbikes

Both are from mid 80's im guessing

Peugeot Etoil, 12 speed Sachs Huret gearing, weinman brakes

main.php

Raleigh Equipe, 12 speed 'Shimano Indexed Gears' (that has to be pretty early in the life of indexed gears)

main.php

Pirate

Just done 25k on the peugeot, need new tyres for sure, after 16k's i could feel a 'bump' every time ther rear wheel went round, found the tyre was bulging out :shock:

Anyway let a bit of air out and limped home, need to get the brakes sorted and some new bars (stem at least, the reach on this one is too short) i think, apart from that it was sweet :)

Oh and i don't feel like i've been sat on a pnumatic drill either, i love steel !!!!

Pitate

I used to always want a raleigh equipe like that....

after a yearning for a raleigh arena (?)

got neither though :LOL: had a vindec speedster 3 speed :oops: , that I mtb'd before getting into mtb's :?

arrh the good old days :LOL: :roll:

John

I must admit i'm not keen on the colour of the Equipe, thinking about getting it resprayed and turning it into a fixed gear machine, or would that get me shot by the Raleigh fan boys?

Those Peugeots are selling for more than they should on ebay - sell to fund something a bit lighter and more responsive.

This was my raleigh equipe from the tip:

Attachments

• equipe1.jpg
    equipe1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 7,209
Im Just stripping the Peugeot down and giving it a good clean, question is how do i unscrew the Sachs Rear Mech! i dont se any way to get it out of the hanger lol

I Might be tempted to ebay them both, your right the Mangalloy frsme on the Pug is certainly heavy.

Back