Windows 7 or Vista

Vista is a POS resource hog. i work in the industry and ppl still insist on wanting WinXP downgrades with the Vista boxes.

I'm somewhat of a power user so I use a stripped down version of Windows Server 2003, and Win2k before that. I try to avoid XP. :p

i recomend 7, used it on my netbook, very quick, vista is a pos, i would downgrade, but installed too much stuff. dont wanna reinstall everything

254024NSUR_w.jpg

xp service pack 3 crashed my machine twice ...frickin p.o.s.......vista crashes every other day....bigger p.o.s....linux installed once askes me for a non existant password to start up......crapp......hate em all ...would have a mac if i could afford it...(its cos theys pretty mostly) :p

What the hell is with all the XP SP3 problems? I've installed it several times on various machines, and have never had any issue whatsoever.

What I really don't understand is that SP3 is basically just a compilation of fixes, so if a fully patched SP2 works, so should SP3. :?

I wouldn't mind trying 7 when it comes out proper, from what I can tell it's a little less resource hungry than Vista. Would be nice to try it on my Vista laptop.

Well then I'll keep my 24'' Mac :cool: And get a Mac laptop for my GF ASAP as the MS talk is giving me a headach :shock: :LOL:

Or build yourself a Mac OS X compatible PC and save yourself a third or half the cost! :D

I have two full desktops and one laptop running either 10.4 or 10.5. All of which are dual boot to either Win2k3 or WinXP Pro. ;)

XP pro here, with no service packs* & it has never crashed or BSOD'd

[/touches wood]

*seen as I have a [cough]copy[/cough] I cannot get the service packs & why should I bother D/L'ing any from certain dubious websites when it works fine as it is, if it ain't broken etc etc...

XP only for me
Im thinking of buying a new gaming rig and my choice has to be XP ,its the most stable Os short of MAC[which is only good for some applications]
The last big Steam computer survey lists XP as the choice of 80% of their customers [thats about 300,000 gamers]

Vista has just about failed in the consumers eyes,i think 7 is a back up OS they were keeping in a cupboard somewhere for just that kind of eventuality

And SORRY but MAC gaming rigs are not worth a damn and they're three times the price

Back