Blue Flite (GelFlow) Saddle

digitalkreation":22k1125k said:
Like with your shoes, your polish will rub off onto whatever you put against it, so don't wear light coloured clothing while riding. :)

As it fades, it'll become lighter, don't worry about it going more purple.

Hey, you going to the bike show?

i do and i don't want to go. i do cuz i wanna see what's there. i don't cuz if i see something i like, i'll end up buying it! :LOL:

trying to avoid spending any more money cuz i have a set of minty used Fox F100 RLC forks (white w/ blue decals) on it's way for this build. it was an impulse buy and was unexpected! dunno if i should feel good or bad about the purchase! :oops:

Well if you need it, then just avoid ebay for the next 30 days. :)

I'll be there tonight, hunting M900 kit, though I really doubt I'll see anything at all.

NakedGav":27au5gb7 said:
I know what you mean, mine is a nice blue but the newer ones do seem to be a different shade, I don't know as it'll fade a great deal though as none of mine have done noticeably and they're all well used.
I got some dye for mine which they claimed 'didn't form a coating like a paint but actually soaked in and dyed the leather' - it came out a lovely ano matching light blue but it rubs off at the hint of any friction. :cry:

but from what i can tell, I think this should be an older model GelFlow. I have two black GelFlows already and the styling is more like the worn one I found in the For Sale section. The difference is subtle but there. The GelFlow is a different font, titanium is printed on the leather, like the flites. The newer GelFlows have Titanium printed on the rails.

digitalkreation":3brlk918 said:
Well if you need it, then just avoid ebay for the next 30 days. :)

I'll be there tonight, hunting M900 kit, though I really doubt I'll see anything at all.

give me a PM if you see any really cool stuff worth checking out. i still MIGHT head down Sunday. dunno yet.

i have a 32H front hub if ya need. ;)

Oh yeah? Send me a pm with a pic and a price?

For sure, I'll let you know if I see anything of interest. What do you fancy these days?

RockiMtn":2xvlfnvw said:
but from what i can tell, I think this should be an older model GelFlow.

It should have the month and year of manufacture in a little circle on the underside where the rails fit in. The year is printed and the arrow points to the number of the month.

Gav

The blue GelFlow is dated 2003. The two black GelFlows I have are dated 2005 and 2006.

I placed the blue GelFlow on top of the black GelFlow I'm currently using on the my ETSX. All my blue parts I had pictured are now on the bike, as well as a set of blue salsa skewers and collar that came in on Friday. What do ppl think?

Attachments

• IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 471
Back