Blue Flite (GelFlow) Saddle

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Any one care to share some pics of their blue Flite or GelFlow saddle. I just got a NOS one posted to me and I'm not quite pleased with what I got. The stitching is fine, but the leather itself looks more to be a grape/purple colour. :(

It actually looks a bit better in the picture I posted than in real life. I even took it outside into the sun to see if it be better, it looked even more grape! :p

I have a set of blue Salsa skewers and seat collar coming to me which should match up nicely with the CK headset. Maybe I can better judge the saddle after I get everything onto the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,511
actually i have a spare set that i might be willing to give up. also have one set of clears i'm not sure what to do with yet. just horded them into my treasure chest. LOL

anyway, back on topic. no one has any pics of their blue flite saddles to share??? :(

just trying to figure out if i just have to settle with what i have or if there are actual colour variations out there.

yeah i know. unfortunately it looks great in the pic. :?

if only it actually looked like that i wouldn't have started this thread! :(

ah found something. does this look the same blue to you? of course not being the same photo source conditions, and colour correction you can't really tell. :p

blueFlite.jpg

This is my blue (where there's any colour left) normal flite if it helps ?
It's a little darker in the flesh but not a great deal.

Attachments

• CIMG9285.JPG
    CIMG9285.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,454
NakedGav":25j9e4w8 said:
This is my blue (where there's any colour left) normal flite if it helps ?
It's a little darker in the flesh but not a great deal.

so in your opinion is it a nice dark blue, where there is colour left! ;)

in person, mine looks like a grape blue colour. and it's kind of ticking me off. worried it will become really purple with sun fading and wear. :?

anyone know if i could put some blue leather polish on it to fix it up?

Like with your shoes, your polish will rub off onto whatever you put against it, so don't wear light coloured clothing while riding. :)

As it fades, it'll become lighter, don't worry about it going more purple.

Hey, you going to the bike show?

I know what you mean, mine is a nice blue but the newer ones do seem to be a different shade, I don't know as it'll fade a great deal though as none of mine have done noticeably and they're all well used.
I got some dye for mine which they claimed 'didn't form a coating like a paint but actually soaked in and dyed the leather' - it came out a lovely ano matching light blue but it rubs off at the hint of any friction. :cry:

Back