Yeti ARC Titanium

stevek

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Not quite how I want it yet but near enough so I thought I'd pop a few pics up. It's an early ti Yeti ARC as indicated by the dart style decal.

I've got some SID SL's to fit as soon as I manage to locate some new seals for 'em although the Fox's do give it a more modern look... and a slightly slacker head angle :LOL: . Chose the BB7's as I prefer discs to the scraping of V's on rims in the gloop and I'll be riding it in this years HoNC, if it's anything like last year it'll be another mud fest but I'm hoping for sun and dry dusty tracks :D.

After buying NOS Yeti ARC seat pin, stem and carbon bars decided to go for Thomson pin / stem combo and Salsa carbon Pro Moto bars so that was a waste of dough eh? :LOL: I might fit them yet just to compare them. The Tune hubs are as light as owt! Really pleased with them.
:D

Attachments

• Yeti ti (1) (Large).JPG
    Yeti ti (1) (Large).JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 4,766
  • Yeti ti (6) (Large).JPG
    Yeti ti (6) (Large).JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 4,767
  • Yeti ti (8) (Large).JPG
    Yeti ti (8) (Large).JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 4,766
  • Yeti ti (2) (Large).JPG
    Yeti ti (2) (Large).JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 4,767
LTS Biker":1br3iho5 said:
Nice!

But why the machanic disc's?

Ta. :)

I like the BB7 mech brakes and they work well. Also the frame only has cable guides and I don't want to have them machined out to take hydraulic hoses.

:)

it was previously used with hydraulic brakes, just get some cable adapters. cable discs are a PITA in the wet as the pads dont self compensate for wear.

nice build.

Aye but I don't like those cable guide adapter jobbies.

When the pads start wearing I'll just wind the barrel adjuster in on the brake lever, easy peasy.

stevek":bvn4fyht said:
Aye but I don't like those cable guide adapter jobbies.

When the pads start wearing I'll just wind the barrel adjuster in on the brake lever, easy peasy.

you must live somewhere flat where your pads last ages ;) :LOL:

:LOL: Live yeah, ride nope, no mountains like your neck of the woods though. :D

If I could have fitted normal hyd brakes I would have though.

Lovely bike

As above though, should fit adapters and run hyraulic disc brakes as well as shortening the cable runs around the seat tube

Minor niggles though, you must be chuffed to own one of them, I certainly would :D

Thanks, like I said though, I hate those adapters, if it was no choice then I'd use them but the mech discs perform OK, really (apart from the lack of self adjusting scant has already mentioned) and the lines are better without those extra guides boted to the frame and slack hoses flopping around. (IMHO... :LOL: )

The cables could do with shortening a smidge, what can I say, I was in a rush to finish it off... ;)

:D

Back