CBT

picture the scene....2 days ago......driving home ..all of a sudden the temp guage goes from normal to boiling hot in the blink of an eye.hmmm i go.....pulls over in tescos....turns out the radiator had boiled dry...so i pour 3 litres of water into the car.....caries on driving.yesterday it happened agai...pour more water into the radiator....takes engine cap off to see a whole ton of white goo.crap....engines head gasket has gone crapcrap crap crap......takes it down to the garage ...kicks car and watches gently as mechanic proceeds to remove 500 quid from my pocket.car will be ready in 5 days mate ...ill do ya timing belt ,plugs ,oil and filter as well while im at it ok.as it was either this or get another car and maybe do this again soon for 600 quid more i think may as well...the rest of the car is in very good condition so i said go on then.hes also doing an engine tune and skim for the same price...so at the mo i am forced to use the vw polo we have as a spare to run around in...i hate cars. :cool:

gibbleking":au4m2dpb said:
ps yarmouth theives are the densest in the world...its a fact.

i would not doubt that but the ones round here are well dumb too!!!
in fact i have heard a few ask 'if i divorce my wife will she still be my sister??' (to be said in a red neck hill billy accent)

rob
o as a side note i know where there is a very nice (for a volvo) low mile volvo 960 for sale ;)

pity would have had that but mines being fixed right now....whats the 969 look like and how much(im a nosy bugger)

p reg in grey mettalic (all most black) with full grey leather
24v auto (2.9 i think)
usual crap on it (ac/cruise/sun roof etc etc)
85k miles with fsh and minty
guy wants £600 for it (if he still has it i see it 2 weeks as i allmost had it as a dog carrier untill i got laid off)

rob

pic is of one the same i found on fleabay not the actual one

Attachments

• 892a_1.jpg
    892a_1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 765
typical......if only i mentioned my car problem yesterday ....nice car .........goes off to kick wife...oh if my car goes pearshaped and the mechanic doesnt do the job ill be heading your way with money.

When you pass the test ,please dont go mad and buy a 400 or above stick to a 175 for a couple of years then increase your engine size gradually as your skill and knowledge increases
Potential corpses usually buy something like a fireblade on passing their test then die cos they dont have the experience to handle that kind of power

dyna-ti":3o1oqwo8 said:
When you pass the test ,please dont go mad and buy a 400 or above stick to a 175 for a couple of years then increase your engine size gradually as your skill and knowledge increases
Potential corpses usually buy something like a fireblade on passing their test then die cos they dont have the experience to handle that kind of power

Haha no, going to get some hours under my belt first. Looking to upgrade but won't go nuts, with great power comes great responsibility [Spiderman Movie] :LOL:

kingroon":7lqbymhh said:
Going to look at my DAS towards the end of Summer after a few hundred miles on the 125.

Go for it :D

I did my CBT, theory, DAS & test in four weeks...hectic but great fun :)

Passed first time with a couple of minors (the test is no big deal if you keep calm and think).

It WILL also make you a better car driver....ever since I did mine I've had this pet hate about Lane Discipline, something that most car drivers don't even know exists :roll: :roll: :evil:

Back