Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Willy

Retro Newbie
Hi all. I've only posted on here a few times. Normally @ 'Cyclone' off here who is a mate of mine.

Anyways I found this site when I was trawling the net in the wee small hours searching for mucky photo's of Zaskar's, Xizang's and the RTS.

My biking history is;

Age 4-5 (ish) something red with 2 stableisers, then 1, then none, then weeeeee crash. :D

Age 5-7 An old (I think) Puch ('Too Big, But You'll Grow Into It') that I rode into a bollard and bent the forks. Much too my mum and dads delight.

Age 7 - 8 Something from the local bike shop (TBBYGII), which I think had drum brakes and some sort of rudimentary seat suspension. I remember it being styled a bit like a MX bike.

Age 8 - 10 A blue Raleigh Grifter (TBBYGII)..............Whoohoo Grifter

Age 10 - 12 A succession of Raleigh 'Racers', (both TBBYGII) one brown, with a crappy rear mudguard that would come loose if you hit a bump and jam under the rear wheel. Then a blue and white Raleigh racer. Probably around the same time as the Raleigh Banana's.

Age 13 A GT Outpost, with wishbone shifters and a chain stay mounted rear brake.......It got nicked I was gutted. I was Hans Rey on that bike......just without the skill ;)

Age 15 A Mt Shasta Kilimanjaro

Age 21 A Specialized Rockhopper, With Ritchey Nitanium tubing. I've still got it (well actually 'Cyclone' has borrowed it)

Age 31 Another Specialized Rockhopper 'Expert'. Through the ride to work scheme. Truth be told I'm not really clicking with it and wishing I had of got a GT.........I like GT's.

Age 31 A Beone Storm Road bike, which is getting more use than the Rockhoppers, well not at the minute as my knees are a bit mashed after a Motorbike crash....Doh.

So that's me and the bike's I can remember. I'm sure there's a few I've forgot. I'm really enjoying this forum, but I can forsee mucho damage to the bank account.

Cheers

Willy

OOoooo... you had stabilisers!! I had to do it the hard way of falling off with scary regularity!! I guess not a lot has changed for me over the decades!! Lol!! :LOL:

Willy":1gqohidb said:
Age 5-7 An old (I think) Puch ('Too Big, But You'll Grow Into It') that I rode into a bollard and bent the forks. Much too my mum and dads delight.

When i was around that age a pal of mine had a metalic orange Puch PicNic, i was a bit jealous even though i had a purple Chopper as it was strangely cool , it was a freakin deathtrap though as the bolt got lost out of the folding bit and his dad replaced it with a normal bolt which would fall out now and again causing it to fold up without warning :LOL:

I learnt to ride a bike the old school way: no stabilizers and a very large field. Mind you I don't think that you could fit stabs to a 26x13/8" wheeled Sun Solo! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back