The First things I learned when I started work . ..

The other one is the tartan paint scam. A couple of us managed to convince one of the YTS lads to go to the local paint shop and get some made up, bitd! :LOL: :LOL:

i know some one who tried to look busy by walking really quickly from 1 end of the site to the other carrying something like wood or bricks.....never fooled me for a minute but manegement thought he was a hard worker.....

In my first 6 weeks as an apprentice brickie I learnt that these things don't excist;
Sky hooks
Skirting board ladders
Half nails
Long weight
New bubble for spirit level
Tartan paint
I'm sure there are more but I can't remember.
I also learnt how to lose all my money at cards and how to drink 10+ pints of lager without throwing up, ah happy days ;)

One of the best jokes I've seen played on a new kid on site:

Builder: Can you get me an adjustable spanner from the stores?

New kid: Yep

New kid returns with adjustable spanner

Builder:Sorry mate, that's a imperial one, I need a metric one.....

It works surprisingly often!

glass hammers and flopian tubing wre another....when i worked at wimpy fast food we convinced 1 lad that the cheese had to be hand sliced....picture a foot long block of cheese being sliced into 1000s of small slices(all he had to do was look and he would have seen that all he had to do was pull the sheets apart....memeeeeeeeehehehehh...we also told 1 girl we grew all the veg (onions lettuce et) out the back (we had no back twas merely a carpark)....oh those were the days..

my fisrt job was in an aquarium, i learnt how to handle a 13 ft python and when not to handel a 13 ft python. also that a broom is no defence against an aligator. :shock:

When I was in Oz I knew someone who worked at a car wash and found out you can make a Huntsman spider hiss if you piss it off enough!

Back