Trimble 2 coming along...

You can save a ton of weight by getting rid of the u-brake and fitting 'Magure' hydro brakes plus they stop better. I did this on my Trimble

I have a picture of my Trimble . How it was set up. You should be able to see how it was set up. I'm having trouble putting pictures on this site. I would be happy to e-mail to you.
It was external fitting.

jez-2-many-bikes":25vqlsjz said:
Anyone know how the Ubrake goes together? Im having issues with the right arm of it - it doesnt have any tension in the spring at all and I cant see how it works. I should have noticed this before itook it apart...
have you got the tension in the spring assembly right ? I know it can be difficult to get the tension and get the plate back into place sometimes
jez-2-many-bikes":25vqlsjz said:
Do you have to preload this side before you clamp down on the allen bolt to the frame?

Yes, you have to have both arms set in the same area on the brake boss before tightening, the closer the top of the arm to the tyre the better the spring tension.

Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of your trimble too tintin40 ;)

Sorry i can't add a picture for you to see. Every time i try the web crashes. :evil:
it was black like jez's bike but with black Ritchey forks and red white blue bulleye hubs. Then a 'friend' stole it. After a year i got it back via small adds and the police. But the thief had F**K it up 100% so i sold it as seen.
tintin40

and thats how a lot of superbike classics end up :(

Edit; (after seeing the pic) that is/was a real beaut, I would be well pissed to find a 'friend 'had stolen any of my babies :!:

Back