1998 Bontrager Privateer S ~ Evo II

quick shake down ride yesterday, it feels pretty good, but a longer stem is in order. The tyres are a little too thin and dont take enough of the edge off on the rocky/rooty bits, but they coped with the mud pretty well. Forks need some air in them, possibly a rebuild as they got softer and softer as the ride went on, perhaps leaking? Frame is great, nice angles, good feel to it, and small enough to be chuckable. Only other issue I had was the grips spinning round on the shiny carbon bars... they have hairspray on but are still working loose :?

Overall, its pretty nice, and will be good for those 1 or 2 hour rides (wouldnt want to use it all day though, I miss decent suspension and Discs too much!)

better pics.

DSC00466.JPG

DSC00469.JPG

Spot the bike!:
DSC00477.JPG

At the top of theboy's favourite piece of Leeds singletrack (grips need hairspraying on!):
DSC00478.JPG

Ooh! Where's that singletrack? I'm from leeds.. but around otley (where gary fisher went riding on a few months back on a flying visit)

Its meanwood, the bit pictured is the green bit here next to the ring road, a chunk of superb singletrack, smack in the city centre, it all links up if you continue North to Adel, Harewood and over to Otley way too if you use a few roads.

Meanwood.jpg

Back