Vitus CL1 project

Oooh :p Very nice Macscheen. Especially the silver lugged one I like a lot. The black welded one I had too, but as it wasn't as nice/special as the silver one I sold it.

You can view my black frame here

CL1 ad

Must admit the project isn't moving very fast :(

Is there maybe a small a chance you have the original rigid fork ???

- Melvin

My boss at the cycle shop bought a black one of these from the importer at a Cyclex show one year (around '92)
It was and remains the only bike he ever bought. I liked the styling but wasn't overly impressed with the ride. One feature i loved was the trick internal cable routing with plastic covers.
Enjoy the build... there aren't many of these around. Great to see one again!

I will do, but it won't be today or tomorrow. I took a look at your bike. It is indeed a proper bike, not as good as the Vitus, but sure a proper bike :mrgreen:

- Melvin

Nice frame Elev12k.

Quick question, what do you think the market value for a NOS CL1 frame and forks would be now? - Just out of curiousity! ;)

rawheelz":xd5mj0wz said:
Nice frame Elev12k.

Quick question, what do you think the market value for a NOS CL1 frame and forks would be now? - Just out of curiousity! ;)

Impossible to say I think, really depends on the fact if you find someone that desperatly wants one...... Happen to know Mel's was a free gift from a nice bloke ;) ;)

Good point Yo-Eddy, Just thought I would ask as I have no idea myself.

He must have been a very, very nice man! :LOL:

Rawheelz,

Value: I personally experienced that nice blokes tend to ask less.

You're offering one?

Serious now: I do not have an idea, but it looks like Chris is wanting one, so maybe should get in touch with him if you're selling. If you are thinking of acquiring one for yourself: I can absolutely recommend it. It is a very unique part, both in construction/design and numbers made. I have also had a Vitus SC1, but the CL1 is absolutely the one to have.

Here you find some covering on my SC1 => Go!

Ad in a 1991 FIETS magazine issue:

JJVitusCL12800.jpg

Now I also have Jan Janssen catalogues with several full colour :cool: built SC1s and CL1s in it. I scan them as soon as I have my scanner ready again.

Back