CBT

Cbt is a doddle. First they show you how to do the practical, then they tell you the answer to the theory.
That 'V8' is a Truimph and its an in line triple.
What you want is a GSXR1000 and a frontal labotomy, works for me :twisted:

Congrats Kingroon

I took my CBT back in late Nov. Still remember the comment my instructor told me before the practical 'if you're enjoying it in the final hour of this afternoons ride you'll always love it' and he was right – been spending the last month or two getting the miles in on my own.

As regards pass or fail, I understand it to be a case of showing the instructor that you can ride safely enough on the public highway to be allowed to practice on your own (L-plates). The young kid I did mine with was outright scary – no road sense and no fear. For twist and go read twist and gone. One one occasion the instructor had to go and get him :D – still passed though.

Where to now? Theory test (still can't believe I have to do one of those after driving for nearly two decades) followed by this new two-part practical. I, for one, intend to wait until later in the year so the DSA have a chance to iron out the bumps in the new test.

Crayons":22ou06yt said:
Congrats Kingroon

I took my CBT back in late Nov. Still remember the comment my instructor told me before the practical 'if you're enjoying it in the final hour of this afternoons ride you'll always love it' and he was right – been spending the last month or two getting the miles in on my own.

Cheers Crayons :cool:

Yeah, definately right on that, loved it.. The sense of freedom you get from a motorbike is awesome, I think it will affect my car driving too - being more aware of, and having more respect for, motorbikers.

Going to look at my DAS towards the end of Summer after a few hundred miles on the 125. I can see me on one of these :twisted: Snapped this outside my office this morning.. Carbon everything :twisted:

Attachments

• 3349088026_56deba89d7.jpg
    3349088026_56deba89d7.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 808
POOR PIC!!!!!! ......ok its crap ...if i recall it was one of the first triumph rockets in the country...one of the reasons my mate was soooo upset ..hehehehehehe :cool: ...the valkrie had different forks i think too

valkrie is different in many ways but similar oversize cruiser type bike

have worked on a boss hoss that does have a v8 in (chevy) now they are mental

rob

Thinking the same thing – let 'em sort the test out, then do the DAS course later in the year. Personally, I've got my eye on a Yam Tenere or BMW F800 GS :D Not really a sports bike kinda guy.

yam tenere is cool
i still like the honda dominator for trials (all tho the kawa klx is better) and africa twin for touring (africa twin stunned me with how well it handles high speed tarmac riding!! :shock: )
bmw r1100 gs is great as a 2 up mile muncher too
bike i miss the most tho was my yam xjr1300
only bike i ever had from new and the only one that ever blew up on me :cry:
awsome smooth ride tho

rob

i used to own a regent...ukrainian p.o.s......did not like slopes at all.i once got stopped by a guy on a triumph(vintage not new crap) and he asked me how old the bike was...thinking at least 30 years given that it looks like an old bsa......its a p reg mate i said......only a few years old(at the time)..thats how bad it was ...it looked like something from the 50s....the puncture repair kit was animal glue and a slab of rubber you had to squash and thin out by hand...hate ful peice o crap but i loved it.some scumbag nicked it and trashed it on the day the insurance had to be renewed....bastxxxs...hate theiving gits.then i got a classic anniversary cz in black(like a bmw but crappier) which i spent ages turning into a cafe style bike...single seater brown leather saddle....slick tyres ect. THAT GOT NICKED AS WELL......rsoles....i gave up at this point... :?

wow you have theives that thick they would nick a cz???? :shock:
is your volvo safe?? lolololol

rob

note!!! i MIGHT have had a cz once also but i did get it for 40 smokes!!!

Back