MacRetro chat and rides thread

velomaniac":3tujszqg said:
Also I think the Hardrock is seriously tatty so will need a respray, currently white and dark pink, similar scheme to Jamies stumpy. Any suggestions for a single all over colour for a late 80's bike. Not going to restore this bike in any way, just keep the rust at bay and ride :D

Cheers Velo

how about this colour- if it was good enough for mr richey.....

Attachments

• mountain_bike-number-1_02.jpg
    mountain_bike-number-1_02.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 297
jimihendrix":2sbbdxqp said:
Muddy fox look's great K :cool: , a make of bike i've not really looked at but i could see myself on that so i could :)

A muddy fox courier is the first mtb I ever recall seeing, well either that or an old dale in a magazine. But always fancied one.

jimihendirix":2sbbdxqp said:
Been buying bits and bobs for the Manitou this week, sorted out a
chainset, FSA cranks blinged up with blue bits and waiting on a set of Answer carbon bars, i think that just leaves tyres, rear mech, bottom bracket, chain and cables, wont be a spectacular dragged through a
jewelry shop build but it should be rideable.

And the pics??? :D

kaiser":t5rstb8p said:
jimihendirix":t5rstb8p said:
Been buying bits and bobs for the Manitou this week, sorted out a
chainset, FSA cranks blinged up with blue bits and waiting on a set of Answer carbon bars, i think that just leaves tyres, rear mech, bottom bracket, chain and cables, wont be a spectacular dragged through a
jewelry shop build but it should be rideable.

And the pics??? :D

Here ya go, bars arived just after i posted the above :cool: , not bad, unused for £20 they're £60 from CRC

manikitchfront.jpg

manikitchrear.jpg

Crank's remind me of a 70's tower block but they'll do the job.

They are lighter than they look.

manicranks.jpg

Wheels for it are still on the E3 so that'll be wheel less for a wee while when i get this riding.

Only flash bit i fancy for it are blue Nokon (sp ?) cables, dont think the budget will stretch to them though, may need to get it together with standard cables for now.

Should be riding for next month anyway :D

looking good JH :cool: -

love the clear grips and those carbon bars are a great match IMHO. The cranks are also very cool aswell- fit the bikes pioneering enginered look.

What brakes you going with, xt v's or are you going with lx canti's? I'm not getting the zooka but I reserve judgement till it is married with your rather nice wheels- thanks for sharing.

clockworkgazz":1a4i1s6e said:
looking good JH :cool: -

love the clear grips and those carbon bars are a great match IMHO. The cranks are also very cool aswell- fit the bikes pioneering enginered look.

What brakes you going with, xt v's or are you going with lx canti's? I'm not getting the zooka but I reserve judgement till it is married with your rather nice wheels- thanks for sharing.

I'm using STX-RC Canti's but keep that between you and me ;) , i actually bought a set of M900 XTR Canti's but they had a pivot bush missing and TBH they didn't do it for me anyway :roll: so i passed them on.

The Ringle stem was in a choice of that, an A-Tac or Manitou, the Ringle turned up so i went with that, front hub, spoke nipples, QR's and hopefully cables will be blue flavoured so that should balance the look a wee bit, i did plan for blue cranks or silver cranks with blue rings but the arse fell out that :roll:

As long as it look's decent and moves forward when i pedal it that'll do me :LOL:

:cool: It'll be good to see this soon, agree that the bars are a surprising match. Look good in a kinda hitech techy way, though I'm gonna have to call you on the stx canti's even a cheap set of cnc chaps are going to look a ton better. Will this be a work in progress since its a 'keeper'?

I thought the STX Canti's look quite nice :) , i did originaly buy them and the LX shifters for the Clockwork, i'll use them initialy and see how they are, may bling them up with blue pivot bolts and cable hangers.

Going to be looking for a nice XT rear mech though, probably a 735 or 739 to match the front mech i have, i'll also be stealing he black Flite off the E3 so i'll need to replace that with something light (idealy another Flite)

MF look's great BTW Gazz :cool:

SSUK, are we gonna have a team name and is everybody ready for the entry? Tomorrow at 13:13. Did we have any more thoughts on a jersey too if were going as a team?

Hows going again?

Kaiser
Velo
Jimi
Gash
AC?
Jamie?
Davedownhill?

Us Scots lot should call ourselves the MacRetro Clan for SSUK.
I invited Pickle to join us since he gave us the Sticky and he seemed keen at the time......

JH, thats a cool manatou, only the 2nd i will ever have seen in the flesh. Note of caution, theyre rare for a reason, they break a bit too easily, they were only intended to last a season or two of XC racing !

Had an idea for a team strip if i can get my artist hand in. The Scots lion rampant astride a mtb with MacRetro emblazoned along the bottom border on a yellow top :cool:

Cheers velo

Back