The MBUK Zaskar

pjlarge

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,
I own the MBUK Zaskar and thought you might like to see it :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Here's the stuff that came with it, some more decals for a colour change, a mint copy of the mag, and the certificate.
016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

...and here it was when it lived in the shed looking somewhat neglected :shock:
020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

I have a few things I want to do - replace the risers with flats, add some nice period bar ends, and ditch the raceface bottom bracket. I'm not using the Smoke and Dart tyres as they're brand new and it's a shame to destroy them!

Hahaha, well they're sat doing nothing so I'll think about it. I didn't buy the bike as a garage queen, what's the point in having it if it's not going to be used, unique though it is? In all honesty I'll never use the tyres though...

Now, if you can find me a nice, medium Attitude in green / white / magenta then we may be talking ;)

cool like it a lot

i think i like the forks and cranks most but the way it all creates a certain look is great and in the vintage bmx scene its known as retro when you put together something new that looks old :LOL:

makes me wonder why people arnt making their new mountain bikes look like old mountain bikes

hmm , i think ill hang onto my 03 lavadome for a while now

Nice bike, but a weird choice of components.
But.. a real racing machine, what it's made for. That is just nice, a 20 year old design., but a modern racing and top-of-the-line look and machine.

I rebuild my GT LTS, 97 model, but I kept the Judy and replaced the innerworks with a SID World Cup. Classik look, modern Fork.

The Panaracers btw are re-issued so they are still for sale.

Very nice.. I love the purple bits..

BTW those tyres were one off smoke/dart amber walls and should stay with the bike. If you decide to sell them, they are worth far more then the black wall re-issues.

As a Zaskar owner I appreciate what MBUK did with that, but the thing that I love is that you're actually riding it. I'm so pleased that the bike is being used properly and not kept on a wall somewhere :)

Back