CBT

W W Biffta":23oeumyz said:
i got no training that was of any use either time.

I guess its down to the people that train you. i found mine enjoyable and very informative.

the thing i kept getting told off for was braking with one or two fingers (instead of the whole hand). my instructor said it was common mistake for people who mtb alot.

I guess its down to the people that train you.

dunno ive always taken it personally cos they passed plenty of other people.
really they just wanted to train ppl how to ride a motorbike, plenty of that in the morning and i didnt need it. i needed training on how to use the road. not the rules of the road or which way to go round a roundabout, but just physically being on the road, interacting with cars, getting tailgated etc. freaked me out a bit that i couldnt just bump a curb if things got hairy.
probably makes all the diff if you drive a car. thing is in a car you dont need a fkin cbt to use the road in order to learn how to use the road. you see my point?
then again it turned out that my license had expired when i did it first time, which is the instructors resposibility to check before you go out, invalidates insurance and stuff, so i think they were worried about that.
anyway i just wanted the original poster to get both sides of the story, im sure he will be ok

cbt is very easy fella
the second part or main test is harder but still just to check your bike control and road awarness,
the hard part is deciding on what plastic rocket to buy once you pass!!!!!!!

(note. the guy who had my old bike (heavily tuned zx12r) had his licence 3 weeks before he had my bike and high sided it 2 weeks later so please learn to walk first)not being patronising either!!

rob

92 percent of deaths on uk roads involve a motercycle.....norfolk county council safety records (so "they" say).....enjoy it i wish i could but my wife would hurt me if i got another one...sniffle.nothing like riding on a summers evening with "whole lotta rosir" in your ears.....humpf..

gibbleking":emexxgmj said:
92 percent of deaths on uk roads involve a motercycle.....norfolk county council safety records (so "they" say).....enjoy it i wish i could but my wife would hurt me if i got another one...sniffle.nothing like riding on a summers evening with "whole lotta rosir" in your ears.....humpf..

but 45% of people are caused by acccidents in cars.

exactly
the 3 times i nearly had a off (never did tho on the road) was due to car drivers pulling out on me from junctions or trying to block me when filtering through traffic!!!!
never once was i speeding (of the 3 occasions im refering too) so its the bike rider coming off worse for car drivers ignorance/jealosy

rob

Latest posts

Back