2009 Orange Crush

Aeronaut

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
My new bike full of orange goodness that i finally picked up yesterday. Non retro although one day it will be...and no doubt i shall be keeping it as long as the last one i have.
This is it's first little trek out today inbetween showers just to check it over for any adjustments and to get my first feel for it. Smiles all the way! :D

DSCN8151.jpg

DSCN8152.jpg

DSCN8157.jpg

These did really well in the MBUK test against Chameleon and Stiffee iirc.

Very nice, so how does it ride? harsh? looks like fun :cool:

Thanks guys! Yeah it was mainly due to good reports that made me go for this one compared to the rest of the stiff competition out there. I'd like to think i did my research so hope it proves itself which i'm sure it will in due course.

The bike feels nice and responsive albeit it's very first outing, plus me not being familiar with this type of frame...it felt good, and was comfortable from the first stroke of the pedal. It's a whole new type of ride for me.
Frame feels tight offering plenty of feedback from the rear which i like. The tyre weight became apparent and a lot more than i'm used to but is agile enough to flick around even though the wheelbase has a bit more length to it. Guess the 140mm shocks add a fair bit to that. Can still get a nice stretched position for general riding with the bars not seeming too high. Up and out of the seat you can get to play around. Need to fiddle with the shock settings still to get them right but they performed very well and soaked up everything like it wasn't there.
I think it'll give me more of a work out and a whole new style of riding to look forward to. It's certainly geared towards xc and will show itself on some nice rugged trails or when pointed downhill. It certainly proved it's agileness darting in and out of the traffic on the way home :) Can't wait to get it dirty! It'll no doubt be a lot of fun.. Looking forward to that :cool:

Nice, yeah its wierd hopping back and forth between these nu skool high front, short stem alloy big tyred armoured vehicles to the low down stretched almost vulnerable unsprung retros. somehow we want both but I don't know if thats possible.

Keep us posted with the running reports. :)

That's nice, was thinking of getting one but I couldn't turn down the Charge at trade price!

Burly construction which is good, bet it goes downhill well

Rockplough":6rkvyo0y said:
That is gorgeous! What size frame is it?

Thanks! it's a 17" and fits just right.

A couple more pics from the weekend out in the sunshine

DSC00011.jpg

the metalic paint glows once the sun hits it and takes on a whole new colour.

DSCN817301.jpg

and with my mates 08 Rocky Ridge, a very similarly spec'd bike and hard to distinguish the two apart in terms of ride. Both fun in equal measures!

In all, I'm overjoyed with it and the ride experience. Am still to spend a good day the saddle to fully get to grips but it's certainly capable of handling it all. Hills are no real struggle as might have been thought, just knock it down with weight forward on the bars and keep pumping. In need of the added exercise anyway lol. The journey down is a blast, nice and smooth with no hesitations, the rear reassuringly following suit. Gives me a bit more confidence to go for it a bit more and relax as opposed to my retro GT which held me back in that respect. There's no way I can dismiss it though as they both tackle the job in their own ways and pace.
Can't help hopping it off every single little tree root or kerb too which is fun. Just reminds me of my teen days out on my bmx!..with more knobs on :)

Back