drop handlebar qu...

cyclone

Dirt Disciple
ive put a set of drops on my peugeot premiere to get it back to standard...they werent the ones i took off it however cos they got thrown/lost/discarded a few years back unfortunately.

they came off a Challenge ladies bike of probable 80's vintage with 27 inch wheels before it went to the tip.

dunno if it's just me but they feel poss just a tad small?....do bar widths differ and also the bend in the drop to rest ones hands..does that differ?

the bars are roughly 39 inches wide before they bend from outer to outer.

and nearly 42 inches at the end of the drop bar outer to outer..

what d'ya reckon?

cheers...

Yes, they come in lots of different widths and shapes.
Best to live with a bar for a while rather than just swapping it. Feels weird at first, but afterwards you'll go back to straight bars and they'll feel wrong.
I may be able to find you some budget wide drops if you want, though.

I take it you meant centimetres? The original Cinelli bars on my Alan are 42cm from drop to drop. I think 44cm are the next size up.

yeah not ridden it yet as need to get new brake cables for it...should be ok but if i can't live with them i will look to change.....

i'm probably only quibblin about 2 cms smaller maybe? from originals at a guess....they may even be the same size..

cheers tho'

oh and ive just read that the original peugeot bars were alloy..the ones ive found arent.... :(

oh well...i'll give 'em a go and see what i think....got nice foam grips on 'em which feel nicer than tape...lol

I've several sets of bars spare. PM me if you need a set cheap. ;)
Essentially you need bars about the same width as your shoulders.

hamster":2mdup3ve said:
I've several sets of bars spare. PM me if you need a set cheap. ;)
Essentially you need bars about the same width as your shoulders.

But if you go to one of these modern bike shops they say you need them a cm or so widder than your sholders, but I think that may just be the trendy way at the moment.

And there's no standardisation as to whether they measure width centre-centre or between outside edges anyway....

Back