orbea 003 (Medium).jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,218
  • orbea 004 (Medium).jpg
    orbea 004 (Medium).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,218
  • orbea 008 (Medium).jpg
    orbea 008 (Medium).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,218
Never heard of the term 'Rat bike' before :oops: But have certainly seen bikes like it round London. Certainly a good idea covering the frame tape for protection. Are these normally used by cycle cauriers?

rat bikes are like rat cars which started off with vw's. basically they should look knackered but work as well as they can. the inspiration for this one was the bikes couriers use in london though, as i work in a city (colchester) and even though i'm 6 foot and 14 stone i'm still invisible to cars! so wanted a bike i didn't care about but had to be reliable.

This is the Saxon my old commuter made almost entirely from free parts from the shop or donations from friends. Ghetto single speed running something like 52x18 or something hideous. The only part I bought was new tires as the originals split. and bent the forks (choppered forward) in just over a month jumping off speed bumps on the way home from the xmas party.

SSworkbike.jpg

some would argue that most of my bikes are rat bikes... but that's just the way I put them together :oops: :LOL:

has rat now replaced the words crap and pointless ?

never understood why people put effort into making things look like they havnt put effort in , but i guess everything has to have a name to justify its existance now

It reduces their interest to thieves.

AND I quite like going past people on spangly Specialized full sus machines on a shonky 9 year old Kona SS with P2 fork. :LOL:

Ads.....where's that first pic taken?
Is that the bridge down by the student halls at the Hythe/ start of the Wivenhoe trail?...... I bet most students have had that view at some point through the old 'cider visor'. :D

BTW... when they wanted to nominate a new 'millenium' city, Colchester folk rejected the proposal by about 80%!!!...... no point losing 'Britain's oldest recorded town' status for 'Britain's newest city' :LOL:

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

Back