'Official' Retrobike Pace Serial Number Thread

Speak to justbackdated on here, he is an ex pace man and runs a small business looking after retro pace gear. He will probably have elastomers and could also do a very thorough service of your fork for a reasonable price.

BIBBY":6xrk0hq5 said:
MY RC100T 19" RC042 CAMPAG GEAR'S & EVERYTHING ELSE PACE, HAD ODD TOOTHED CHAINRINGS.

Wow!!!

How did this slip through the net, the oldest Pace on here...okay, we need photos, photos, photos!!! :LOL:

Bear >> what canti cable mounting is that on the rear mono stay...it looks pretty similar to an F2 mounting.....but the top of your seat tube would suggest an F1... :?

Rich

Rich, I am not sure of the exact model of my black bike as mentioned in my first reply. My assumption that it is an F1 was purely down to where the RC0396 frame number fits in the table at the beginning of this thread. Here are some close ups of certain areas if anyone can help??

Attachments

• DSC04216.JPG
    DSC04216.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,026
  • DSC04218.JPG
    DSC04218.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,026
  • DSC04219.JPG
    DSC04219.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • DSC04222.JPG
    DSC04222.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,026
I'd be pretty happy with an F1 too, looks same as mine other than the addition to the rear cantilever cable stop on the mono stay...yours is the only other I've come across in years!!!

Nice :)

I perhaps need to re-check my knowledge, but didnt the F1 have a grease port on the rear of the headtube, a'la RC100's?

Rich":2420utis said:
BIBBY":2420utis said:
MY RC100T 19" RC042 CAMPAG GEAR'S & EVERYTHING ELSE PACE, HAD ODD TOOTHED CHAINRINGS.

Wow!!!

How did this slip through the net, the oldest Pace on here...okay, we need photos, photos, photos!!!

Rich

Not sure about the oldest Rich. RC100/RC100S numbers started at 100 and the T went into production later than the standard model. I think Tim still has the oldest survivor. The number quoted by Bibby is either wrong or Pace used up the undesignated 0-100 numbers for the T model.
Justbackdated should be able to confirm this.

Si

Back