Wooden Bike !

Unusual approach to an aluminium bike ................

7788-can-bike.jpg

................for giants that is :LOL:

Why is it that people who are trying to think laterally on a problem allways have such a bad sense of design?

Aha I was right. Morgans.

But the stresses from a mountain bike frame and solid wood just dont really make sense surely. Think of the woodworm and the warping when its wet ;)

I feel this is a "cos I can" type thing. Not "cos it makes sense" kind of thing.

jez-2-many-bikes":1ojat308 said:
Aha I was right. Morgans.

But the stresses from a mountain bike frame and solid wood just dont really make sense surely. Think of the woodworm and the warping when its wet ;)

I feel this is a "cos I can" type thing. Not "cos it makes sense" kind of thing.

More like: we cannot yet but we are trying.

Wood is still a bit of a mystery in material science, If you look at trees How strong
they are in relation to their weight they offer possibilities to make a bike frame
much lighter than the current carbon frames.
Nature inspired design is the coolest thing, like your hipbone that just grows there where
the force is needed, the shape is just like a setback seatpost but it is a much lighter
and stiffer construction than anything on the market yet.
Lets just hope oneday they can manupulate nature in such a manner that these wooden
frames will grow on trees.

Wytze":29vy80o3 said:
Lets just hope oneday they can manupulate nature in such a manner that these wooden
frames will grow on trees.

:shock: Let's hope to god they can't! :shock: There's enough uproar over GM maize before we start down that road! :LOL:

Back