PACE RC100.- Finished with high res pics on page 9

Well here are the high res pics of the (almost) finished article, and my final report on the build.
The last stages were quite straightforward. The brake hose guides are the only thing I'm not totally happy with- I reused the originals which were not the best but until I have a batch made up they will have to do.
Decals mysteriously appeared under my bed one morning and for once I managed to put them on straight :LOL: Frame was given a good coat of Carnuba wax to finish and then the whole lot was once again assembled. Brakes took a couple of shots to get bled properly but didn't cause too much trouble.
So thats it really. End of the road. Finished. Its been quite an epic journey, sometimes pleasant, quite often frustrating but very rewarding in the end. Once again thanks for sharing this jouney with me and for all your kind words and encouragement.

I now have the RC100 that I always wanted. Question I now must ask myself is can I use it? After all the trouble to find all those parts in brand new condition, the paint which took so much time to get spot on etc. Its not something I want to go through again. I have riden it gently around the park and along the riverside to the off-licence where I bought a lovely bottle of Barolo which I opened on my return and enjoyed in the garden whilst looking at the fruits of my labour. Unfortunately the wine did not help my decision making process. It rode beautifully, tight and taught and razor sharp- but do i risk doing anything more strenuous on it????

Only time will tell!

Here are a few pics

The inspiration.....

2281603184_99a61ee78d_o.jpg
[/quote]

And what it turned out like.....

3340212605_88d1d3f386_b.jpg

3340212603_8b6af567d7_b.jpg

3341083840_0009132e62_b.jpg

3341083430_221770aeea_o.jpg

3341083364_40027eeb93.jpg

3340254921_fd280a7e07_b.jpg

3341082568_a480774169_o.jpg

3340254291_a9c4ce0726_b.jpg

Cheers
Si

RC 100

That really is a monumental effort, would struggle to say isn't wasn't a showroom bike. Remember the original MBUK feature well.
Funny thing is 18 months ago everything on here ws gravitating towards custom components on US top end frames, i.e. Purple Ringle/Control Tech/Real etc as ws whay happened BITD, nobody kept anything "as bought" other than the Team/factory bikes.
The trend this past few months has moved towards period correctness and even bike replicas exactly as per the catalogues. I feel this is a move away from bikes that should be ridden, other than the odd run out on a dry day. Nothing wrong in it, Vintage car and MC clubs have been doing it for years. Just a trend we seem to be moving towards.

The RC100 is one of the few bikes left that I want to own, and that is the most perfect example of why.

Nice work, superb attention to detail, beautiful end result!! Me, jealous, never.

Splendid effort. Even the bottle cage matches! Will you be riding it or is it a high-days and holidays bike?

Re: RC 100

Wold Ranger":38bxmm94 said:
The trend this past few months has moved towards period correctness and even bike replicas exactly as per the catalogues. I feel this is a move away from bikes that should be ridden, other than the odd run out on a dry day. Nothing wrong in it, Vintage car and MC clubs have been doing it for years. Just a trend we seem to be moving towards.

It is a move towards to a VRC kinda ethos, I just hope the stinking attitude doesn't follow!

I do like the stock factory fresh look- this is hot on the heels of the Cannondale I restored to factory spec last year. I'll also return the FAT to factory spec over the next few weeks but without the obsessive and slightly restrictive nature of the PACE- I need to be able to ride some of them!

Thanks again for all your kind comments guys ;)

Si

Back