MacRetro chat and rides thread

New singlespeed project :D

3341081353_7f2efc6cf5_b.jpg

wee bit rough roon the edges but going to preserve rather than restore, seatpost is temporary, have a wheeler one like gazz's coming and have some black XT m730 cranks and some black XT m 730 canti's. Just need some levers and grips and will probably pinch the broon spoon from the GT. Will possibly fit some front sus but need to sort out some funds first, might fiddle about with bars too. Really want this to be as useable as possible.

For those that can't tell its a bronzy dark brown colour :cool:

looks very nice (great colour) and the tires are a great match, should be a nice light bike to, well at least before you sit on it.

However you do need a advocet saddle, it won't look right without.

I will challange you to an uphill race at the next meet, reversal of last time, me with the geared MF and you SS it :twisted:

Kaiser, nice bike, just how I like them, slightly scruffy :D

Short of illness I'm OK for the 17th.

Decided to SS my Hardrock in preference to the Stumpy as its a 23" frame and fits me much better. Jedburgh and other events have taught me I need to ride bikes my size or else book in with a Chiropracter :roll:

Also I think the Hardrock is seriously tatty so will need a respray, currently white and dark pink, similar scheme to Jamies stumpy. Any suggestions for a single all over colour for a late 80's bike. Not going to restore this bike in any way, just keep the rust at bay and ride :D

Cheers Velo

Good stuff V, I'll start a thread.

I've seen a rather tasty teal coloured SS rockhopper and its a very nice colour :cool: also going to try a new powder coater soon who colour matches, will let you know how it goes. I'll post a pic if you like

Muddy fox look's great K :cool: , a make of bike i've not really looked at but i could see myself on that so i could :)

Been buying bits and bobs for the Manitou this week, sorted out a
chainset, FSA cranks blinged up with blue bits and waiting on a set of Answer carbon bars, i think that just leaves tyres, rear mech, bottom bracket, chain and cables, wont be a spectacular dragged through a
jewelry shop build but it should be rideable.

Will need to fork out for Tax and Mot for the Capri this month though so funds are a bit tight :roll:

17th is out for me due to work, have a nice ride anyway dudes ;)

jimihendrix":mktkq41s said:
Muddy fox look's great K :cool: , a make of bike i've not really looked at but i could see myself on that so i could :)

Been buying bits and bobs for the Manitou this week, sorted out a
chainset, FSA cranks blinged up with blue bits and waiting on a set of Answer carbon bars, i think that just leaves tyres, rear mech, bottom bracket, chain and cables, wont be a spectacular dragged through a
jewelry shop build but it should be rideable.

:oops: you will be spoilt for muddy-fox eye candy next meet. Even though the Hun told me all about his MF on the journey to Jedburgh, I obviously wasn't paying attention, I thought I had managed a original MF purchase on the bay :roll:

needless to say kaisers bike is a few models up the pecking order but mine is original and will be my new work bike :cool:

looking forwards to some updated manitou piccies once the stuff arrives, do you think it might be ready for the april meet?

here is a crap pic, will do some close ups in readers wifes erm....readers bikes when it lands on my doorstep :cool:

Attachments

• muddy fox_edited.jpg
    muddy fox_edited.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 325
Back