MacRetro chat and rides thread

clockworkgazz":2d8n82jz said:
JH the orange is sweet.

Cheers dude ;) , are single speeds allowed in BOTM :? , and it has got mo*ern tyres and bar ends on it so i may be banished to hell to burn for all eternity :)

Done my freakin back in earlier trying to wrestle with an engine (the engine won in round three), no riding for me this weekend :x

kaiser":2j505cer said:
Velo fancy asking around about the conditions at glentress? Last 2 times I've been ice and snow were everywhere.

Any macretro going for BOTM this month?

Depends if my MacRetro Membership Card arrives in time (in the form of a battered Mars Bar)

Could be the PACE, could be the Boulder, could be something else. All depends on how the pics come out.

Si

Dr S your a MacRetro clansman by the simple fact you rode with us, that goes for Sithlord too.

Not sure battered mars bars travel well but a normal mars bar through the post could get battered as f*** :LOL:

Snow report for glentress is there is none other than on the very top. My upstairs neighbour and his first time ever on an mtb friend tackled the red and bits of black :shock:

cheers all

Velo

I might consider Relentless - as big a team as possible, I could probably do 2 laps but at my own special pace. A recon trip over the summer might help.

At least you know in advance it will be wet cold and windy, as it is in Fort William.

Anyone fancy bergen for the First Old World MTB Championships? there is a ferry from rosyth to zebrugge or one from newcastle to amsterdam (area) could be a macRetro adventure but we would need to really build up the brownie points for the extended funpasses.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/?p=194

The ferry would work out about £220 between 4 if we share a cabin (from Newcastle), although we would still need to get up to bergen (40 minutes drive on the wrong side of the road.... or a train.

that would be very cool- but the chances of me having the dosh or indeed the pass are very slim- anyone need a mortgage arranged? :roll:

MacRetro Single Speeders, remember to sign up online for SSUK09 from Friday 13th of this month.

If they ask for a team name I suggest we say MacRetro Clan, I feel it unlikely that Retrobike will take offence if we do not call ourselves team retrobike.

Now Bergen, I'm confused, I thought Bergen was in Norway, is the Dutch one close to any town of significance as opposed to some insignificant hamlet such as Amsterdam ;)

Cheers

Velo

The Ken like gash would love too but no chance, SSUK will be my target this year :D unless we can get a Relentless team :twisted:

Any thoughts on a MacRetro SS get together/training/shake down? Me and velo had considered a Glentress black loop as a testing ground.

Velo are you cool for the 17th? Will post a thread if you like?

The new singlespeed willl be ready to rumble very soon :p

World racing

Hi fellow MacRetro clansmen
I have been very busy lately so been a bit quiet of late.
Singlespeed should be finished this week and I hope I like it as I will be racing it at SS09 as part of the MacRetro Clan.
I am also going to try very very hard to get to Bergen with my Stumpy. I figure if I sign up and pay up then I will make it happen eventually. The people who help where I work and Heather said they will cover anything that comes in while I am away. I was hoping to take the old VW van, fit the rock n roll bed and put the little cooker back in, Stumpies in the back and of we go.
Who else is up for it? It sounds like it will be a great event and I for one dont want to miss it, though I seriously may have to sell my FSR to fund it.
Cheers
Jamie

Back