Bottom bracket fitting - modern content- photos added

I wouldn't dare bring it on a "Retroride" - weren't there a few comments about people riding new bikes last time? I might bring the C16R that I've almost finished if I can iron out a few set up problems.

The new build - nicknamed "Tiny Ti" will get an outing at HoNC!

:LOL: I did hear in passing about burning modern bikes to keep warm in the carpark this time :LOL:

Maybe see it in our warm up to the HONC then? ( of course if I have the car back by then :roll: )

Warm up for HoNC - I have down for 12th March - so no excuse daj - get the car sorted and come along!

Hopefully Tiny Ti will be up and running - chain and cables to sort this weekend!

Here's some pictures of my Ti build.
It's based on my 43cm road frame but with 26" wheels rather than the 650cs I run on my roadbikes

For those interested in the spec - it's as follows - a mixture of road and mountainbike parts - several sourced from the "For sale" posts on this website

Wheels -Mavic 717 rims and Hope hubs
Hope headset
Middleburn Duo chainset
XTR rapidrise rear mech
XT cassette
Ultegra front mech
8 speed bar end shifters.

I wanted a bike that would be happy on and off road and which would be robust and travel well on the back of our camper!

It's the first time I've built a bike completely so it's been a steep learning curve at times but I've learned a lot and I don't suppose it will be the last!

Attachments

• Copy of P3082631.JPG
    Copy of P3082631.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 732
  • Copy of P3082636.JPG
    Copy of P3082636.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 732
Well done getting it all put together, hope you enjoyed it after the initial problem.

Only my opinion, but it doesn't look right (angles wise) how does it ride?

Thanks Huntso - seems to ride OK - not that I've taken it far yet but we'll see. t's very light to ride - I haven't had a ti frame before. Geometry wise it's effectively a copy of my Trek.

In the meantime I'll blame my husband's photogaphy if the angles look wrong!

I like it , Nice build and worth all the sweating hey :cool:

Can I ask where you got the rear stand from? :oops:

Rear stand - Decathlon - in France. They are units that fit together - I only have one though!

Look's great :cool: , congrats on your first build.

Still cant get used to the idea of using drops offroad but i suppose it's
one of those thing's that needs to be tried.

Looks like a really versatile and adaptable bike. Well done for making some brave decisions and thinking outside the box! :D

Back