Whats the smallest 110BCD chainring you can get?

Russell

Old School Grand Master
I'm going to take off the inner chainring on the Zaskar and run a roadie rear mech which necessitates running a cassette with a 26t largest sprocket.

Because of this, I want to put the smallest 'middle' chainring ring on I can find to give myself a lowish gear for climbs. What's the smallest 110BCD ring you can get and does anybody have one they want to get rid of?

Alternatively, I could run the largest inner ring I can find, with a larger middle ring and a bashgaurd on the outer bit...

Anyone got any helpful ideas?? :)

Thanks.

dookie":2ku37jq4 said:
i did this research when building up a single-speed. smallest i ever found was 34t.

Thats what I fear! I would imagine that my best option would be to run a custom 11-26 cassette with an inner chainring of 26t and a middle of 40t (TA make them). This gives me a 1/1 low gear which is ok for everything but very steep climbs and a respectable top gear for the down bits.

Lowest I have found is 34 too, had to get a 17t for the ss, 16t is just hard work too often!

You could run a middlenurn duo, not classic retro, but light, neat, an still plenty of gears :D

gump":1lwrkccg said:
Lowest I have found is 34 too, had to get a 17t for the ss, 16t is just hard work too often!

You could run a middlenurn duo, not classic retro, but light, neat, an still plenty of gears :D

Hmm... I think that the 11-26 with 26/40 combination is looking favourite. I need to do something as I've 'accidentally' bought a beautiful Dura Ace rear mech and I have nothing else to put it on :LOL: And I'm taking the Zaskar on a weight loss-programme.

You can still run the DA with a a triple. I used to run 105s all the time for racing as they were quick, light, and cheap :D

TBH Russell I never had any bother running a road mech on a triple chainset (26-36-46) and a 11-28 block, just couldn't run 26/14 or lower or 46/24 or higher, but that never really happens anyway ;)

Am running a road cage on a XT mech on the Orange now.

Cheers chaps, I will experiment when it arrives but I figure that with a triple chainset I have a fair few ratios that are duplicates and never get used. Might aswell lose a ring and save a few more ounces :).

Back