Aaarrgghhhhhhh....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Depressed.
Had a look at my bike this morning, and somehow I have this deep scratch on my forks...have absolutely no idea how it got there.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
What shall I do to protect the forks :?:
Carl
Ebaystuff640.jpg

My goodnes, that's a big argh for such a small scratch. Don't worry about it! There's really no need to take any action whatever. You have to treat a steel frame pretty spectaularly badly to get any rust worth worrying about.

My thoughts anyway.

thecannibal":2ozyrc8d said:
My goodnes, that's a big argh for such a small scratch. Don't worry about it! There's really no need to take any action whatever. You have to treat a steel frame pretty spectaularly badly to get any rust worth worrying about.

My thoughts anyway.

You've not owned a Fat Chance then? :D I'd do as P20.

MJN":1prhad35 said:
thecannibal":1prhad35 said:

My thoughts anyway.

You've not owned a Fat Chance then? :D I'd do as P20.

Nope, just bought a holey Whiskeytown Racer though. So I know a little bit about pisspoor frame design leading to rust 'issues'. I should have said 'Silly sealed frame tube designs aside, you have to treat...'.

In this case though the frame has high quality paint, will be looked after and definitely not kept outdoors, so I'd reckon there's no danger of this scratch leading to any noticeable rust in the lifetime of the bike's owner. That said, as long as the area is extremely dry, I wouldn't imagine sealing it could hurt. On the other hand - who wants a bike that looks brand new, without any battle scars, after they've ridden it 10,000 miles? Not I.

Harryburgundy":ix2el6ju said:
Thanks for the tip fellas....I know its only a wee nick, but like the song
the first cut is always the deepest :(
True. I wasn't the one to put the 1st nick in the P20.... Rode it over to play badminton and carefully propped it up against the wall. One the lads was looking at it and tilted away from the wall by the saddle to look at the drivetrain. The bars spun into the toptube..... Somehow remained perfectly calm
Nayfinesse will vouch for a bout of rage when i chipped the toptube stepping over it the lakes after about 5yrs of ownership :roll:

Back