1990 Kona Cindercone

A top notch build!! Thats exactly how Konas should look. I remember lusting after the Cindercone & Explosif when I had my Fire Mountain (In the blue & white splatter).

Wow, can't get over that, what a great build - thanks for posting the pics & bringing back some great memories.

TSC.

Kona

Very nice build, hope to see it at the f o d ride next weekend. Just got my White cinder cone ready, hope to see guybes White one as well. You've done a fantastic job cheers kirbdug :D

BikesINPortlandOREGON":auui84oj said:
I kinda liked it more with the Blue cantis. It looked great. I feel that specing out the bike may not help you win. The first photos are sweet.

Yea the 1st build was ok, I liked the look of the blue cantis against the blue splatters but they were a pain to keep working :( I got the XTR parts and could not resit fitting them but the weight saving is amazing !

Very nice GM it looked good on the first SW ride but it looks so clean now with the silver and black parts the only problem now is that i am now thinking of riding the 88 cindercone instead of the prestige on the FOD ride aarrgh too many bikes !

toadoftoadhall":2y8dx99c said:
Very nice GM it looked good on the first SW ride but it looks so clean now with the silver and black parts the only problem now is that i am now thinking of riding the 88 cindercone instead of the prestige on the FOD ride aarrgh too many bikes !

You can never have too many, (ignore the wife and tell her to get rid of some shoes)

That will be cool, If you do we will have to swap rides for a mile or two as I would love a rip on an old U brake kona :cool:

The Orange Green stem is waiting for you ;)

Look forward to seeing you on sunday

Thats one bike i would love to have the pleasure of owning! just brings 1990 flooding back.. Good choice with the recent spec change too imo over the blue brakes you had before.
Awesome :)

Back