1990 Kona Cindercone

Gravy Monster":eybky7b1 said:
GoldenEraMTB":eybky7b1 said:
I like the powdercoat color on the canti's; goes with the bike's paint job well. Did you have the frame and fork painted? Looks to be in great condition for the year.

All Original, The frame and forks are in really good condition, It has a couple of chips to the paint but overall its in fantastic condition. The blue for the canti's was a guess from a colour chart which has turned out to be a perfect match for the blue splatters :cool:

very nice :)

Looks awesome mate- those brakes are so cool-

I am currently making enquiries with the original owner with regards to getting the original saddle for you(black Avocet with Yellow writing) I will keep you updated...

& if you got the sadlle I reckon a black Ringle post with the yellow writing would look the absolute bolx

Proper job anyway looks absolutely splendid as is-

:cool:

CTK":8o9yo0uv said:
Looks awesome mate- those brakes are so cool-

I am currently making enquiries with the original owner with regards to getting the original saddle for you(black Avocet with Yellow writing) I will keep you updated...

& if you got the sadlle I reckon a black Ringle post with the yellow writing would look the absolute bolx

Proper job anyway looks absolutely splendid as is-

I am so pleased with it and cant wait to go for a spin, it would be great to reunite the saddle :LOL:

Im glad the brakes have gone down so well here, I was expecting some mixed comments. They cost me a tenner and took 5 days to do, well worth it as they were pretty ruff before treatment.

Thanks for your comments :cool:

It's all Gravy! Wow, had th'exact same BITD, brought back some memories! Lovely bikes, P2's were safe as feck. I'm now jealous. Once you get some speed up on 'em there's no stopping you! Top nana ;)

Just getting her ready for FOD next weekend, I have been busy changing parts......... again and have fed it an XTR M900 Diet with some Cook Bros Cranks. I am amazed how much lighter it is now.

Spec;

Cranks Cook Bros Racing
Chainings 24/34/44 Middleburn new
Brake Levers XTR M900 with STI removed keep to Thumbies ;)
Wheels Mavic 517 SUP Grey with XTR M950 Hubs
Mechs XTR M900

Cant wait to get it Dirty,

March2009041.jpg

March2009044.jpg

March2009043.jpg

March2009042.jpg

March2009036.jpg

March2009033.jpg

Superb, it's does looked even better than I last saw it, the paintwork on frame is fantastic too given the age of the bike.

All ready for the FOD next week and I am looking forward to it, catch you later.

:)

Back