New trail "christened"....

REKIBorter":31zyry3s said:
New trail sounds exciting. I hope you're feeling better soon

Obviously too "exciting" for me yesterday - and thanks, I'm sure that I'll soon be back to normal (well, as normal as I ever am....)

Dont ever say you'll consider giving up!

Keep on riding, everything will be cool......just go a little easy in the pants weather :LOL:

Pickle":pf6zp93s said:

Keep on riding, everything will be cool......

Hell no!! - I don't intend to give up just yet, it's just that a (thankfully rare) trip to A&E elicited comments like "Don't you think it's time you hung up your bike ?" and "What were you doing out there at your age, especially in this weather ?"

At my age, at my f**king age, the bloody cheeky buggers :evil: Makes me sound as if I'm 85 or something when I'm not even 60 yet..... :roll:

i read somewhere that being a regular cyclist it gives you the level of fitness of someone 10 years younger

Andy R":12qfhkvb said:
Pickle":12qfhkvb said:

Keep on riding, everything will be cool......

Hell no!! - I don't intend to give up just yet, it's just that a (thankfully rare) trip to A&E elicited comments like "Don't you think it's time you hung up your bike ?" and "What were you doing out there at your age, especially in this weather ?"

At my age, at my f**king age, the bloody cheeky buggers :evil: Makes me sound as if I'm 85 or something when I'm not even 60 yet..... :roll:

When I lived in Harrogate, my neighbour asked me for help with buying his first mountainbike - for his 80th birthday!
We had great fun exploring the moors once a month until I moved away, 3 years later. Even his impending death from Leukaemia didn't stop him - he just took a double dose of EPO each day for a week before the ride.

He died 3 1/2 months after I moved down south. At his funeral his widow thanked me for adding so much to his quality of life in his last few years.

He was one of my cycling heroes.

Back