2009 Duster

Well I've known and been riding with Nick (the owner) for probably 20 years now and I can see the angle he's
gone for with Charge stuff, just simple and
affordable. Not overly keen on what I would class as 'fashion' bikes like the plugs but other stuff is sweet.

Pedals ditched last night for old DX's (15yrs old) as they work much better!

Can anyone suggest some strong, light disc rims to go on this?

Mavic XC717 if you're after a rim that can take a little abuse & the 719 if you want something to take a bit of a battering.

Mavics probably, I'm running Sun MTX's on my bombproof effort, poss a bit overkill but the rims themselves not super heavy under 600g iirc so yeah some mid weight mavics built well shoud do.

Interesting that you know the owner, certainly gives an insight to things.

Hey I wonder if he'd offer direct discounts to RB members! :D

Cheers, I'll most likely give the mavics a go, had lots of sets in the past and always stood up to a fair bit of abuse.

Knowing the owner is good obviously....runs a good outfit as well and I'm looking forward to riding with some of the team at set 2 rise and MM this year.

Will post some updated pics when the wheels are done :D

That's one sweet ride and really like that frame,..looks really purposeful and understated. I always seem to find myself coming back to check it out.

Should get one..pretty good VFM

It is a very simple bike, was looking at some photos the other day of me racing in the early 90s and realised how similar it is to some of the stuff we used to ride back then, I think that's the angle they've gone for.

Went for some Syncros rims in the end which will be arriving tis week, can't wait to get it finished..all I need is some good weather now to get out!

I've got a Duster with the Alfine 8Speed hub...it's awesome! Got a set of Surly rigid forks on there and it feels amazing, lower the tyre pressure a bit and the steel frame/fork feels like it has suspension, it's so supple! Handles great too.
I much prefer it over my old Cotic Soul, although I didn't have that built right for me really, with long travel forks and hardcore spec. The Duster just seems to have much more 'feel' :D

Back