92 Clockwork

clockworkgazz":3fh7q6ri said:
I know it is boring, but I'm with jimi and sticklegs on this one- keep it the same colour, there are not to many kicking about. Do you think you can salvage the tange sticker?

Already got a brand spanking new one ready to go on...!! :D :D :D

Now that's a colour way you don't see very often these days. :cool:

I'm gonna go with the flow and suggest you refinish in the original colours. Very different & very cool. ;)

I look forward to seeing what you do with her, what ever you decide I'm sure you'll do a great job. :D

Before it arrived and I got some tyres onto it, I have to admit that I was never a fan of this colour scheme, in fact, I couldn't stand it. I could never quite get it. Now I have a clockwork in this scheme, it does make a little more sense. It is rare, but that doesn't mean I have to keep it..

I'm not sure though... hmmmm :| :? :roll:

I won't lie to you- orange fade is my fav.

I'm currently doing up a clockwork for my son and Jimihendrix on here will be doing an orange fade rattle can job on it (he is a very talented man don'tyouknow). So if your heart says different then the worst that can happen is you have to repaint- no biggie really.

However why don't you get it specced up to your liking and just ride it as is and see if the colours grow on you? Bottom line is it is a very cool bike whatever the colour :cool:

Clockwork

That's gorgeous, I can remember all those early colour schemes. I remember one that was called coffee cream fade, cream with faded coffee coloured ends and matching decals. Never seen one since the ones in my lbs.

Back off holiday and straight into the resto... first up the repaired drop out. The person who brazed it back together seemed to have forgotten to remove the excess brass, so 2 hours of filing has put that straight and after 10 years since the repair was carried out, it will soon have some paint. Halfords are mixing me up some RAL 2008 in a can tomorrow.. lets hope its a good match! Decals are sorted, I just need to reproduce the 'Orange' for the downtube. I've even scored a nice ti Odyssey Svelte seat binder to replace a bent QR! :D

Attachments

• sticky.jpg
    sticky.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,000
  • svelte.jpg
    svelte.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,000
  • CleanDrop.jpg
    CleanDrop.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,000
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg