92 Clockwork

OrangeRetro

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got myself a retro bike.. oh yeah!

This is the one I've been waiting for! Thanks Mark!

EDIT: Just checked the serial number, its A111**** which makes it a 91 built November . So one the first with the top tube in line with the wishbone!! :D

Attachments

• clockwork.JPG
    clockwork.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,968
lurverly bike and great colours, let us know how you get on with her in the dirty stuff- I had to shorten the stem with a........ cough.....flexstem.....cough,

I'll just get ma coat :LOL:

HA! I've been waiting for one of these to turn up. BITD one of my favourite colour schemes for an O.

Lovely looking bike, can't help thinking what the drive side looks like though! ;)

The drive side is a bit of a mess. It has had a repair to the dropout which needs some paint, hence the bike is going to get re-finished.

Spec is full LX with 1st gen XT rapidfire plus being the only upgrade from the original spec.

Plans are to re-paint, I was going to go for an Orange/White fade but I'm not entirely convinced anymore. The stem could do with being shorter and I want a nice turbo (anybody got one?), and maybe a better seatpost?

Overall, I'm definitely going for the working class hero on this.. no major bling! :D

OrangeRetro":3tlv5yw8 said:
Got myself a retro bike.. oh yeah!

This is the one I've been waiting for! Thanks Mark!

EDIT: Just checked the serial number, its A111**** which makes it a 91 built November . So one the first with the top tube in line with the wishbone!! :D

mine is a 91 but has an offset top tube and the lugs are a not straight, did not know they changed the geo at that time :?

miniclockwork.jpg

Look's great :cool: , as much as i like orange and white i'd definetely
get it re-done the same colours ;)

What's the story with the offset wishbone ?, mine is a 91 17" with an
offset wishbone, does this mean it's an early 91 ?, also is the size
measured different as it looks smaller ?, up to now i thought
the only difference between 91 and 92 was the chainstay bridge, never
noticed the wishbone thing.

Need to clear this up ASAP as i have my Orange anorak on all day
today :LOL:

Look's better though, as it look's like the top tube has a slight slope
which i prefer over a level top tube.

the sloping top tube does look very nice, got a more race look about it (compared to mine)- slightly more modern, a less clunker-like style if you know what I mean.

jimihendrix":1xnbyfai said:
Look's great :cool: , as much as i like orange and white i'd definetely
get it re-done the same colours ;)

What's the story with the offset wishbone ?, mine is a 91 17" with an
offset wishbone, does this mean it's an early 91 ?, also is the size
measured different as it looks smaller ?, up to now i thought
the only difference between 91 and 92 was the chainstay bridge, never
noticed the wishbone thing.

Need to clear this up ASAP as i have my Orange anorak on all day
today :LOL:

Look's better though, as it look's like the top tube has a slight slope
which i prefer over a level top tube.

You should be able to date your frame by the serial number.. It should start A1 to denote 91 and then the following two digits are the month of production. Mine is 11 = November.

I've always wanted an infinity clockwork in this style as it was only around for about a year before they switched to Series 7 tubing. this one is particularly nice with the nicer canti hanger - which I though only appeared on the prestige/P7. :D

I just need to decide on the colour now..

I know it is boring, but I'm with jimi and sticklegs on this one- keep it the same colour, there are not to many kicking about. Do you think you can salvage the tange sticker?

Back