On-line Retailing ...tips costs etc??

Thanks for all your thoughts guys....very much appreciated.
Yes, the market is saturated, but there are a lot of people doing the same thing.
My plan would be to offer small producer wines to my local market, rather than to try and compete with the big boys.
Anyway, had a meeting last night which didn't quite go in the direction I wanted it to.
Plan B :LOL:
Cheers
Carl

Never let a saturated market put you off. Think of it as proof that there's a market.

Branson started Virgin from a record store, against plenty of competition.

You just have to do something better than the next guy. Define better how you like: cheaper, faster, more convenient, service ...

Since you live in Penarth nr Cardiff have you thought about selling on the Cardiff farmers market. When I lived there it was every Sunday on the Embankment next to the Millenium Stadium. Quite busy and in it's infancy at that location then as well.

As it's near Canton/LLandaff/Pontcanna you get the money people and arty people, you also get the weekends of the Stadium events with people wondering around form the hotels/b&b's

Plus the veg man is nice and the lamb burger too.

www.riversidemarket.org.uk

Even if not the main adventure it will get your name around help advertise yourself.

I'm delivering a seminar about websites for new businesses to 150 people in Cardiff this Saturday (tomorrow) at the Freelancers Union. I think its at the BBC.

Come down - I'm pretty sure its fere and targetted at freelancers and small businesses.

Its two hours so quite a long one.

I'm on at 2.00pm.

jez-4-bikes-max":3gupv1kj said:
I'm delivering a seminar about websites for new businesses to 150 people in Cardiff this Saturday (tomorrow) at the Freelancers Union. I think its at the BBC.

Come down - I'm pretty sure its fere and targetted at freelancers and small businesses.

Its two hours so quite a long one.

I'm on at 2.00pm.

Thanks Jez, regretably I will be looking after the kids, then to work...so Saturday is fully commited. Appreciate the heads-up.

FC...thanks.....I understand the Farmers Market is mainly based around local products, and licensing is a bit of a pain for those kind of events. Thanks for the input.
All the best
Carl

Back