any one used these before

The grips are really good if you have problems with either numb fingers or with your wrists. I know James the guy who takes care of the UK. You may see him at events with his big green van!
I could go into great detail about why and how they work but just log onto the ergon site as most is explained on there. They do some GX1 race grips that come in at 128g a pair. Steer clear of the GC2 as the bar end is too short to be of any comfortable use.
The GR range are available in 2 sizes. small and large. Most people are small. Large can interfear with the release lever on XT shifters when shfting down on the single release versions.

I use the GX1 race grip on my main bike. They are a bit slimmer and lighter and I find them very comfortable. I'd not recommend them if you do a lot of highly technical riding but for long days in the saddle they are spot on.

i was thinking of sticking them on my rigid giant xtc alliance as im going to use this bike for things like dusk til dawn and mm things like that ow and sleepless ;)

I'd highly recommend these for commuting, pootling along and long distance touring duties. I've got a pair of the GR2's on my touring bike and they are really comfortable once you've spent a bit of time getting the angle set up so it matches your natural wrist position.

With normal grips I always ended up with a concentration of pressure on a small part of my palm (right on the ulnar nerve) which causes pain and numbness in my little and ring fingers. After a tour, full nerve sensation took months to return due to the nerve damage.

I put on a set of Ergon grips a couple of years ago and have since ridden with them alot, including riding from the UK to Switzerland twice, putting in 100 mile plus days and up to 16 hours in the saddle at a time.
These grips have been fantastic, and I haven't had any trouble with numb fingers since. They are also really comfortable for day to day use and are really good with or without gloves.
They are a bit pricey but they are quality and will last for ages and ages.

I wouldn't recommend them for anything too technical though as they do restrict your hand movement a bit.

I've no experience of these, but I have to say they look very much like Specialized Body Geometry grips. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the BG grips are half the price.
Althugh if you don't mind my saying so, I had a pair of the BG grips on my old bike and they were a reaction to a machine that didn't fit.

my bike fits ;) i suffer with wrist problems from knife work in the navy (chef) then working with marines i had to a lot of heavy lifting and im not a big guy :oops: ie my wrists get shagged on long rides and take a couple of weels to sort themselfs out :cool:

Back