Noleen NR shock Modification!

rc300

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
No nitrogen needed now eh!

Been digging through boxes at mum and dads and found my old RTS! so out with the bits and get fettling! Going to sort it out to sell so keep your eyes peeled. Shock seemed a bit sad so ...........

Attachments

• pic 2 004 (Large).jpg
    pic 2 004 (Large).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 4,645
  • pic 2 003 (Large).jpg
    pic 2 003 (Large).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 4,645
  • pic 2 006 (Large).jpg
    pic 2 006 (Large).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4,650
so you've replaced the nitrogen with just air using a valve? :cool:

Might be handy having somebody like you in the neighbourhood ;)

Cheers. Have done various mods to forks and shocks over the years.....

"Its never broken it just needs a fettle in the shed!"

oooo thats a nice little mod!!!

how did you get the shock apart if you dont mind me asking?? i undid the philips screw on the reservoir on mine then got stuck!!

dont suppose you fancy making a few more valve mods to sell do you? :D

Wow. Nice work. How well will it function now though? Will it be just the same as before but with the ease of air adjustability?

Can you write tutorial as I have an old shock which could do with this mod too.

Nitrogen's used because it doesn't hold moisture which could effect the oil.

ATB

John

Excellent mod!

Good work on the mod. No shock service company seems to want to touch the noleens due to the nitrogen. How on earth did you do that - have 3 of these babies, 2 are solid but in the future........

Any info on how you did this would be useful, or you couyld turn your shed fetling into a lucrative business?

This is the first time i have used this mod on a rear shock and have a more refined design in the pipeline using some manitou spares. I have done this sort of thing to Mag 21 and other air forks in the past though.

I have to be careful with this type of valve as core is fitted a little low so most shock pumps won't pump them up without a little fettle to the housing.
the manitou spares should sort them out in the future.

Back