Camera bag?

daj":54o46rwu said:
people with the ruck sack types, I take it you use bottles for fluid on rides?

Yup.

Can you imagine how disastrous a split hydration bladder would be in a bag full of cameras.

i do, but then again i havent got a camelbak.

the other option is, you get yourself a smaller bag, one which would carry just a camera + one lens and then put that inside of a standard rucksack.

if you dont intend on getting lots of lenses and extra kit then theres no need getting an expensive rucksack.

I put my Canon Eos in a semi hard case inside the outer pocket of my "Aldi" camel back, it keeps it away from the water supply and just fits. No room for extra lenses though.

If I'm out just to take pics(less often) I use a lowpro slingshot and a water bottle.

cherrybomb":317lfdvj said:
I use a Lowepro slingshot like this one..

18-2035-IMG2.jpeg

A slingshot for me as well , and the waterproof cover comes in handy for protection against trail splash BUT its not 100 %waterproof !!

I used a Lowe Pro Slingshot 160 that was great for what I wanted (SLR, 2 lenses, flash, spare batteries, blower) but changed it for a Dakine Sequence after trying a friends.

Have to say the Dakine gets the thumbs up - better build quality and more comfy.

30305_m.jpg

For carrying on the bike, i've just started using a chest pack (tamrac). Comfortable and easy access. You can't carry a range of lenses, but i wouldn't want to be changing when out on the bike anyway. Just run with the stock 18-135mm that came with my Nikon D80. It'll only be out on the bigger/less technical rides and if its dry :roll: :LOL:

3298728570_a57f88f908_b.jpg

Back