2009 Duster

Neil G

Old School Grand Master
Just finished building up small duster for this seasons xc duties

Not a blingy build at all being mostly a mix of LX & XT but loving the simple clean lines of the bike.

Only thing needed are some new rims as the ones on at there at the moment are old rim brake ones and are pretty heavy.[/img]

Nice set up, simple and sweet, does exactly what it says on the tin so to speak.

Could I ask which saddle that is please?

cool , like it , frame has good clean lines

but when comparing the geometry with a trailstar i should

headtube angle - same
seattube angle - charge 1 degree steeper
headtube length - same
top tube length - charge half inch shorter ( but as the seat angle is steeper im sure its near enough the same )
seattube length - charge half inch longer
chainstay length - charge 1mm longer :LOL:

shame there isnt a slotted dropout option as the duster is a pound lighter :(

http://www.chargebikes.com/products/par ... _Steel.jpg
http://www.dmrbikes.com/res/staticPages ... lstar.html

this would be a pic but photobucket wont work :roll:

Saw these in the sale at EBC was real tempting just not what i wanted at that time. hmm maybe my dopey employer will finally sort that cycle to work scheme out to go with their bent green policy! :D

Nice solution, simple good old cromo frame

I always like them. I haven't made my mind up wether to buy a Cotic BFe/Soul or a Charge Duster.

It'll be my next project though.

Works for me. I'd go for one of these over a cotic... they just seem a little overpriced. Especially with the recent price hike. The duster on the other hand is proper value for money!

Liking this one a lot!! :D

LeeDevelopment":2u1biyy9 said:
Nice set up, simple and sweet, does exactly what it says on the tin so to speak.

Could I ask which saddle that is please?

Saddle is a Charge Spoon...got one on my commuting bike and I have to say it's the confiest saddle I've ever used.

When I put it together I knew it was right, the simple tubes and the BMX style gusset under the downtube is all stuff that I like on a bike. Had a medium Duster for a while and always felt a tad big for me so went for the small, hoping it's going to be quick round the corners and nimble

If this bike really works for me geometry wise may have to upgrade to the Ti :D

Hmmm, I pondered this, thought it might be two XCey for what I wanted and the Blender was too short and laid back. I think the Cotic was more of a compromise geo wise but the price is anything but. :shock:

I really like what ya built there, kind of a mix of the Duster and Blender in looks. If i get bored of my 'new' 13.5" frame (when it gets here) I might build up a Duster/Prestige/Inbred or Transition TransAM into Cotic prices again

Really like these - considering a Duster Hi if I can get my work on the cyclescheme thing...

Nice build, how does it ride?

Haven't had a chance to get out on it for a proper ride so can't tell you what it's liek to ride. Not the lightest bike but it feels like it'll take alot of abuse unlike some XC bikes

Back