1987 Fat City FAT CHANCE

Paint- Original spec or as it is??

• Original FAT spec- Black with Yellow Fork and decals?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As it is- all Black with no decals?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A few more.....

3329762683_cca9b91209.jpg

3329762449_6b9fd9cd7c.jpg

3329762197_d6f61487c5.jpg

3329761681_c4f5d97c63.jpg

Dr S":fjrnodnj said:
Just had an hour out on it on my way to work. Crispy fresh morning with a heavy frost meant the normally muddy trails were dry as a bone...

Just as I was looking out the window down onto Regent Street and thinking A ride this morning would be perfect.. Looks bloody lovely out there..

Nice leg stretch first thing, and on a classic ride too.. You keeping the same colour on the re-spray?

Fantastic that is, I love bikes from this period and thats just screams cool. Personally I reckon its on the money as is and would leave it be. :cool: :cool:

Same colour? Frame yes, toying with the idea of restoring the original finish with spot repairs rather than a full shoot. Forks? Dunno. Original spec was yellow fork and frame had yellow decals but the original owner specced all black with no decals. So not sure what to do. Gil can do the decals. Might put it to a vote.

This bike came from its original LA owner. It has only been used around town very occasionally and has been taken to the Burning Man Festival every year for the last 10 years- which it was serviced before each trip. But thats it. All the componants are as new and will polish up a treat. The Biopace rings were swapped for round rings when it was just a month old and stored away in the loft- they have been returned to their rightful place. Large cage 730 pedals were removed and replaced with SPDs at some point too but the originals came with the bike and are back on. Its been so well looked after- all bearings are super smooth and nice and tight. It rides like a brand new bike.

Can you tell I love it??
:D :D :D
Si

kaiser":28xmfbbg said:
Fantastic that is, I love bikes from this period and thats just screams cool. Personally I reckon its on the money as is and would leave it be. :cool: :cool:

Paint is bad in places Kaiser, its pealing off around the BB shell and there are lots of scratches. Fork is particularly bad.

I have added a Poll to decide the colour. Wise members of RB give me your opinions!

Si

BoyBurning":achigko5 said:
kingroon":achigko5 said:
Black with Black Decals needs to be an option :cool:

Gets my vote!

I put some black 'project two' decals on black P2s for Frankenbike last week and they do look cool. Got some of Rodys Groovy forks for that now though :cool:

Si

Nice looking bike Si, very jealous that it wasn't my size!

For what it is worth, with it all being so original I'd just touch up the current paint/make sure it doesn't rust and add period correct decals - surely you don't want to lose all that Burning Man patina under a coat of modern paint?

Back