1994 orange clockwork at 9.46kg

i can somehow understand the disliking of the gold, but it looks much better in real life.

the saddle , although very hard, is paradoxically very comfortable , it was a surprise for me to like it :)

the forks are absolutely inferior to pace and judy, but they have two strength points, they are much lighter and they feel better in corners. i think because of the parallelogram technology they are stiffer when cornering

it's my first project and i learned a lot during the process, my goal was to somehow mix the good of the retro tech with the good of the modern tech and although i like this bike, i must say that the proshift derailleurs are quite shitty and that the kcnc brakes really suck :D(conparing both of them with previously owned xtr groupset). i also read bad reviews about the spinergy carbon wheels braking into pieces at 40km/h :)

so, i spent and learned a lot with this project and in the future i probably won't try to mix the old with the new, but because of the effort put in this one , i am still like it a lot.

get some pace with the gold stanchions put on it, thats an order, an orange with out pace, is like the night sky without the stars

mattbrown":2xakdaa8 said:
get some pace with the gold stanchions put on it, thats an order, an orange with out pace, is like the night sky without the stars

i had them on, but because i am weight weenie i installed the amp's. :roll:

Original! It looks like a show bike from the big trade shows in the late '90s. :cool:

I bet it gets a few looks (and I bet you never leave it locked up either!!!!) :D

Soz If my comments seemed a bit neggy BTW, I mean I do like it really. its cool you done summat different.

I would have loved to have seen this photographed with Sinnetts old Alpine Stars, two special builds.

And now i want a cromo Orange with Paces thanks to those people! :D

Archangel":1ypyaw83 said:
ddidds":1ypyaw83 said:
because i am weight weenie

Then why on earth do you have that Orange frame and Spinergys? 9,46kg is pretty heavy with lightweight parts like Tune.

as i said before, i really like the clockwork. i think it is a sensational frame, it's very fine , all the tubing is slim and looks absolutely great !

the spinergys i bought only because since i was a child i had this fascination about 3 or 4 spoked wheels. i had a set of inferno by hugi before these, i just love the way the look!

Back