The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, I don't have one for sale. Just curious. There was a Racer offered on eBay.de last week. Bid on it, but didn't get it.

There is Brave Warrior content in the Gallery 2 Manufacturer section.

- Melvin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Barry and I live in Kent. Started riding in the late '80's on some old Peugeot thing and then progressed onto a brand new Saracen Tufftrax ina kind of shocking pink colour which I rode for a couple of years. My next steed was an elevated chainstay Saracen Killi Racer which I still own, this did me several years until I built a bike based on a Kono Muni Mula frame with MozoPro forks and snowflaked wheels with FIR Impes rims.

The Kona was stolen from the back of my brothers car whilst in the casualty department, him suffering with concusion from a trip to the Peaks.

The Kona was replaced with a '97 Proflex 4500 which I still have although it now has Spin thermoplastic wheels.

Haven't ridden much over the last 2 or 3 years as I also ride motorbikes and I've been way to lazy to pedal !

Hoping to get a few miles under the belt this year, starting with a trip to the Peaks in late March.

Barry

Hello Folks- Been lookin' and lurkin' for a couple of weeks, time to come oot the closet............

I'm a carrier of the Ginger Gene (blessedly recessive!!), now livin' in NY...........North Yorkshire, that is. Bikes are Proflex 555 and Klein Q, both fine mid '90s engineering, 'cos sometime in the last decade I became a really lazy git- I blame sittin' at keyboards myself, with Coffee and Fags for within-reach opiates...........
Found this place on my search for new MCUs for the 555 ('put the old ones in the microwave for 25 seconds' MY BUMM!!!)- think it was Slim had the link on another board.

Busily trying to get both bikes and body back into the shape of yesteryore- jeez, 'Iymm an Ohbsuleet Designn', though- its a strange sight of a man clad in lycra designed for someone three stone lighter!!!

Cheers,
Dav

good god another 555 , lets see some piccies

green or plum ??

( about to get some elastomers in if you still want some )

welcome felow 555`er ;)

Hey Slim! It's a Plum/Purple 555- never seen a green one!! I'll try and get some pics taken to post- there ain't many on the whole web.

I'm waiting to hear from Callum at RDS about elastomers for the 555, but let me know about yours if your source is different.
I've still got the manual and some other bumf for the 555 (and 550, my previous bike........lifted by a burgular, th'basstud!!)- if ye don't have it, I'll see if I can scan or copy it.
As I said, I've been such a lazy git that the proflex hasn't needed upgrading, so has original bits it came with- only change was using different bar ends instead of the shorter Girvin ones (gave them to my Brother in Law if I remember!).

Cheers,
Dav

yeh got the manual

be interested to see what else you got though

can do the elastomers for half of what callum does them for , and he wont rush to answer you either

and get me those bar ends :twisted:

Attachments

• bikes 057 (Medium).jpg
    bikes 057 (Medium).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 2,251
I found this wonderful site when i was looking for information about mij Panasonic MC4500.
I started with biking in de woods around my house (centre of the Netherlands) in '78 on an old Gazelle with sa 3-speed hub.
after a lot of broken frames en wheels i stopped in '84.

Two years ago i get a new Deer Head SuperPlate, so i had to find a bike for it.
At the moment i have a '90 Giant Escaper single-speed, '78 Miyata ss-racer and a '89 Panasonic MC4500 with U-brake.

Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back