What's the best thing you ever won?

I won a drawing competition when I was about 10. A girl at school bought her rabbit in with her and we all sat around and drew a picture of it. My teacher said mine looked more like a Bulldog and just to prove his point, entered my picture into a local art competition with the title "Barney's Bulldog". To my surpise I won, (some pencils and a couple of quid), but it was a bitter sweet victory as essentially I was only confirming that I was sh*t at drawing! :LOL:

Oh and £500 on the premium bonds about 15 years ago! ;)

£100 in a pub quiz in '92 - trouble is there was 5 of us so we 'only' got £20 each.

daj":1g17k9js said:
dyna-ti":1g17k9js said:
in primary 5 i came second in a design a no smoking poster competition :LOL:
My best mate won :evil: .And its been a point of many arguments over the last 30 years
You see ,my design, i thought up myself ,His, he plagiarized from a government sponsored campaign poster already IN the school

Thats all i've ever won :cry:

Unless I have missed something you came 2nd?? :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah ,But i was ROBBED!! :LOL: :LOL:
----------------------------------------------------------

I've just thought of something else i won
A coca cola Gold Yo-Yo back in 80 something,well i had the ring pull and was all excited :D
I put it behind the clock in the living room[for safe keeping]
When i got home from school i discovered my mum had binned it thinking it was rubbish[she frikkin cleaned anything :LOL: ]
The bins had also been collected so there was zero chance of retrieval

I was sad for weeks :cry:
Those Gold yo-yos were bloody rare ,i think there was only 100 worldwide

Won a bum bag in a triathalon for being the most traveled racer, 38 people entered and they had 40 prises to give out. The race was in Blackburn and I was living in Sevenoaks, but was visitign the old folks that weekend. Also won dinner for 2 in a 1mile race in New Zealand again for the most traveled enterant.

I am on a winning streak, 1x itunes song on a can of Coke, 1x bottle of Asti spewmanti in a raffle where someone gave me the tickets, and a folding table where the odds of success were 1 in 6.
:cool:

I won a local 4 mile 'fun run' at a canter back in '94. It was proper chariots of fire stuff, ran second for the first 3 miles then nailed the final mile. Funniest thing of all is that I was wearing baggy shorts and a massive puma disk system t -shirt (hardly proper running apparel) and beat loads of ron hill vest wearing club runners. My mum still has the trophy :LOL:

I should have really pushed on but I was at the age where shite nightclubs and booze were somewhat more enticing :oops: Now I feel a bit like the male version of Marsha from Spaced...

i wont a limited edition italia 90 football in 1990

wrecked it in about two weeks, think it might have been worth a bit now!

3334183639_64df3f0250_o.jpg

Her heart.

I've just won my Industrial tribunal :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Show me the MONEY :LOL: :LOL:

I'm going to make those Bastards pay :twisted:

Back