1989 UK Mountain Bike Championships on YouTube

Russell":fog3y8ny said:
Russell":fog3y8ny said:
Kloser is a bit of a legend. He's still 'adventure' racing and doing OK at it IIRC.

:roll:

What? You expect me to read the whole thread and not just jump to the last comment? At this time of night? After some beer? Pah! ;)

BTW, Russell.....did you ever own an AMP in Southampton? Just a hunch.....

:LOL:

Not the whole thread, just the last four or five posts would be nice though :)

No, I've never owned an AMP in Southampton, though I have owned some speakers in Portsmouth.

Feeling old, remember watching this and supporting Steve Douse who lived a few doors away from me at the time.

Thanks for sharing, and I am looking forward to the next installment :cool:

Carlsberg champoinships

I still have this somewhere on vhs,recorded from the telly.Great to see it again.Me and my mates rode everywhere back then.Before school,after school,all holidays and weekends.Mainly based on seeing this on the telly.Fantastic,well done that man for posting this.Best post on here for a long while?! I feel like such an old sod!!:D

flyingwelshman":1x91ffcm said:
clockworkgazz":1x91ffcm said:
flyingwelshman":1x91ffcm said:
Now that was a proper mountain bike race :D

I was riding a Clockwork Orange which I still have in original condition even down to the same tyres that I used in 89. It was a unique course with a hike up a mountain and a few rivers to ride or carry through, think I was out there for over three hours which suited me.

Were they Specialized Hardpack tyres by any chance ?

tim-davies.jpg
[/img]

Nice to know you've still got the same bike. Bet you don't still own those pink shorts though !

Re: Carlsberg champoinships

MRGRUMPY":1hsq1u9w said:
I still have this somewhere on vhs,recorded from the telly.Great to see it again.Me and my mates rode everywhere back then.Before school,after school,all holidays and weekends.Mainly based on seeing this on the telly.Fantastic,well done that man for posting this.Best post on here for a long while?! I feel like such an old sod!!:D

Thanks, that's very kind !

I've just finished uploading the remaining 4 parts - so that's the whole hour's coverage, minus the adverts (which were fun to watch in their own right !)

Part 2 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgXjskOJ_a8
Part 3 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6qhnLz_8sg
Part 4 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LjFTFh0hio
Part 5 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GACE-6n9OwQ

After seeing this on TV, it also got me and a few mates into racing. One friend, Theo, even bought the same model MS Racing bike that Mike Kloser was using, to be just like him ! He even tried to grow the moustache at the age of 15 !

Thats ace, thanks, second "the best post in ages".

Just finished watching the second part, although should return to work, boo.
I remember the irish rider, Allister Martin that got a mention, crossing the river, from SCU races, he used to ride a bike with a rack on the back! He was super quick, I think I remember rightly that he won quite a few rounds of the SCU events back in 1993 ish.

Also still have one of the Moray Firth/ bikes of Inverness tops that a few of the riders are wearing in the 1st section!

1988_Ben":2bf1kebj said:
flyingwelshman":2bf1kebj said:
clockworkgazz":2bf1kebj said:
flyingwelshman":2bf1kebj said:
Now that was a proper mountain bike race :D

I was riding a Clockwork Orange which I still have in original condition even down to the same tyres that I used in 89. It was a unique course with a hike up a mountain and a few rivers to ride or carry through, think I was out there for over three hours which suited me.

Were they Specialized Hardpack tyres by any chance ?

tim-davies.jpg
[/img]

Nice to know you've still got the same bike. Bet you don't still own those pink shorts though !

You are right 1.5 Hardpack on front and a Mitsibushi Gripper on the back.

Excellent stuff - many thanks for posting this yessir!

Reassuring to hear (in part 2) that Sian Roberts "hasn't been interfered with".... :shock:

the only reason flyingwelshman got up that first big hike a bike was that Mr. schmoo was at the top with his big bag of jelly worms! ;)

Latest posts

Back