What's the best thing you ever won?

I won a second generation carbon style Etto helmet in Mountain Biker magazine for creating a new helmet design.

Part of the prize was to actually get my design created in funky decals in real life and have them pre-added to the helmet.

I eventually received the prize after coming first place (it took 4 months to arrive) and on closer inspection the design was a bit sh*t really.

I have no idea what happened to that helmet.

As with most Ettos I looked a bit stupid with that on my head so went with a more common Tomac friendly Bell instead.

I didnt win the following although I valued it as a prize:

I've also got a custom Jo Burt drawing. At Cyclex 1991 I went up to Jo and asked him kindly (I was an uncouth spotty teenager) to draw me a pic.

He then asked me what I'd like a pic of, so I portrayed the most recent cycling incident with my riding buddies a few day before. This involved riding at full pelt into a big stack of mud and flinging yourself over the bars. It was amusing at the time.

With pen in hand he scribbled a great pic of Mint falling from the air into a big pile of sh*t (with token silent scream).

I have it framed to this day.

Great stuff. I'll scan it sometime for your delight.

:? :?

dyna-ti":3dc94la4 said:
in primary 5 i came second in a design a no smoking poster competition :LOL:
My best mate won :evil: .And its been a point of many arguments over the last 30 years
You see ,my design, i thought up myself ,His, he plagiarized from a government sponsored campaign poster already IN the school

Thats all i've ever won :cry:

Unless I have missed something you came 2nd?? :LOL: :LOL:

The booby prize for the lowest score in a darts competition :oops:
Pack of Jack Daniels oversized playing cards :cool: :LOL:

I must point out that i was a student at the time and totally bladdered!

Won a Scott Road Bike at the Cycle Show when it was at the Excel, so about four years ago I suppose

Very nice looking, but not my thing at all, retailed for about 1100 quid.

Sold it for £800 and amongst other things bought a 853 Explosif

Also won a copy of that Specialized Book, Stumpjumper.

Kept that because it was a Mike Sinyard signed one, quite interesting too.

The heart of my lovely wife.

Al.

ps please refer to previous watch buying posts! ;)

Defiant":qufl1z3r said:
10 euro

i am not so lucky :roll:

Says the man with a BoTY title, a collection of stunning bikes, an apartment full of cool furniture that looks like something out of a magazine, a beautiful girlfriend and daughter, drives a Masser to work everyday, lives in one of the finest citys in Europe..........

Nah, not lucky at all eh Bas?

:LOL:

As for me, won a few local rallies over the years and once won a case of Champers on a continental rally. Will win Le Mans next year :LOL:

perhaps the truth is he sneaks into some cool dude s flat...takes a couple o piccies and sneaks out again without being seen....perhaps..... :D

i won a dvd player for being one of the employees for not being sick for over six months, thing is i havent been off work sick for over 5 years, my mate won a animal watch in a mountain bike mag about 13 years ago.

i also won a bluetooth gps receiver in a raffle, but im not lucky in the money winning sense, most ive won is a £5 on a scratchcard

If we're only talking about "competition" prizes and not sporting stuff, then............nothing :roll:

Back