Cheap full suspension monstrosities. Why ??

LOL: singlespeed and crap car. Sounds just like me!

Beat up Kona singlespeed, Saab 9000. Each still faster than an BSO or Nissan Navara.

that's me too! (Except not a Kona but a Saracen Kili Flyer. Car's the same though ;) )

There's no money in it, but I'd love to have a secondhand bike shop.
Not a shop that caters for people like you and me, just honest secondhand bikes.
It'd be great to see people going to work on bikes I'd sorted.
There was a shop a bit like that in Reading, but the owner was run over riding into work one day. Really sad, he taught me most of what I know about bikes.

No, not like Specialbike. This shop didn't care what a machine looked like, so long as it worked. The Specialbikes are what these were, only with fresh paint, marketing, and an extra £300.

i used to sell quite a few second hand bikes through my shop

it was one of the best parts of it , i just love people using bikes to fulfill a purpose and not care about all the stuff that goes along with cycling . they just had a bike because it fit their needs

i find myself spending more time looking at commuting specced bikes and things like xtracycles than i do the expensive shiny stuff

orange71":26t0auwh said:
LOL: singlespeed and crap car. Sounds just like me!

Beat up Kona singlespeed, Saab 9000. Each still faster than an BSO or Nissan Navara.

that's me too! (Except not a Kona but a Saracen Kili Flyer. Car's the same though ;) )

Mine actually got more valuable last year - started the year with an empty tank, finished it with the tank full!
1997 car, worth £600. OK, something newer is nice, but not £10000 better!

Back