Prestige

Dave_H":kw4s0ros said:
Photo No. 2 looks to be at the top of the Sunken Track, just up from where the trail meets with the road.

It is indeed, well spotted. Another bone shaker but fun all the same! I did nearly career over the bars at one point though, misjudging a drop off! Luckily my forks bottomed out but it was JUST about roll-able. :shock: :D

love the bike, still looks retro(ish) with the smooth steel lines but with awesome geometry.
top steed! :D

Thats lovely :cool:.. was eyeing one of these up at my local orange outlet recently but unfortunately wasn't the size wanted. was very hard to resist at the knockdown price though.
And what a place to go for a ride!!

Getting dirty thoughts now about one of these with Pace forks for old times sakes and nu skool stylz.

is it in anyway comparable to the retro Prestige? i had one in 92

reanimation":2ign6wzk said:
Getting dirty thoughts now about one of these with Pace forks for old times sakes and nu skool stylz.

is it in anyway comparable to the retro Prestige? i had one in 92

Good luck trying to find one. Its last years model and was a limited run of 200. I got mine from cycle surgery in January, and it was the last Pro spec one that they had.

It takes forks between 100-120mm travel. I have got the reba's set to 100mm at the moment. I was considering some dt swiss forks but they are just far too expensive.

The geometry will be completely different to your 92 prestige but it is still made out of tange prestige tubing, so in name and pipes its pretty similar.

I love it and would recommend one if you can find one in your size. ;)

Oh jeez didn't realise they were limited or that limited. Spotted em last year just thought they'd remade an old flame simply. saves me buying another bike thats one good thing :D

So it will be retro styled and actually retro in its own right very soon then if its that rare. :cool:

reanimation":2kbn3u5o said:
Oh jeez didn't realise they were limited or that limited. Spotted em last year just thought they'd remade an old flame simply. saves me buying another bike thats one good thing :D

So it will be retro styled and actually retro in its own right very soon then if its that rare. :cool:

Orange are doing the R8 this year. A very similar frame but built out of 853. They haven't released the price yet though. It may be quite expensive I fear!

Back